CVT fluid change (non coil pack) Powder clutch

I'm looking into doing a CVT auto grearbox oil change (along when I do the usual oil & filter change) myself.

I have looked at the Haynes and it looks fairly straight forward like changing usual engine oil.

Drain via the plug below and fill up via the filler tube.

Where do I get the CVT fluid from? Haynes recomends Dexion. Though I am struggling to find the correct matching anywhere. I gather the CVT fluid has to be spot on.

In the past garages have done this as part of the service. Though, mostly now I am starting to do self service on my Micra. Hence the first time of going to do this.

I'm looking into doing a CVT auto grearbox oil change (along when I do the usual oil & filter change) myself.

I have looked at the Haynes and it looks fairly straight forward like changing usual engine oil.

Drain via the plug below and fill up via the filler tube.

Where do I get the CVT fluid from? Haynes recomends Dexion. Though I am struggling to find the correct matching anywhere. I gather the CVT fluid has to be spot on.

In the past garages have done this as part of the service. Though, mostly now I am starting to do self service on my Micra. Hence the first time of going to do this.
Hi
Did my 2001 micra last week, used NS-1 fluid from dealer (£80 5 ltrs). My Haynes manual also said dexion though lots of conflicting info on web.
You also need to replace the filter (if you have one) sits on top of gearbox near to dipstick (also £80 from dealer) £36 on ebay.

I took to pan off also and cleaned it, you will need gasket sealant to refit.

Good luck and post again if any further info required.

Thanks for the reply.
£80 from the main dealer for 5L.
Do you have the ISBN number for that stuff?
I am sure I could get that cheaper. I thought it might be about £30-35?

Not sure regarding ISBN number (thought that was for books) Invoice part No NKE90999942

I searched the internet high and low for this oil, dealer took a hour trying to find the right oil, had none in stock but managed to find a carton in there maintenance garage.

There should be a sticker on the underside of the bonnet plus one on the dipstick stating the grade of oil, mine has.

Back