CV joint

Just a quicky...... are CV joints sided? I know when I had a CV boot done a while ago, my mate that did it said that the joint was on it's way out, and would be dead in the next 6 months or so. This was back in February now, and my MOT is due at the start of May, so I thought I might as well get it done at the same time as the MOT.

Can't get hold of my mate to ask him which side it was, so basically, just asking if n/s and o/s ones are the same, if I see a cheap one on ebay before I get to ask him. I know for definite that it's an outer one I need, if that's any help.

Cheers.

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Yeah, that is the one I got, fitted mine fine, real pain of a job to do though...

wilsonian

Ex. Club Member
if you've never done one before, best give yourself 4 hours easy - the real pain is getting the cv boot back over the drive shaft..... :(

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
My real pain was getting the old joint off (had to use jacks it was on that tight) and then getting the circlip smal enough so that the joint would pass back over it, a real pain in the neck and messy job all in all.