cv joint tick?

hi ,
noticed lately when i take off theres a high pitched whine from left front and when moving very slowly its a tick in forward motion and reverse motion, when looking at the cv rubber boot theres a black wear line from the angle it is at as the car is incredibly low, are my cv joints knackered or is it ok and normal just because its lowered?
any help would be great thanks

The bearing or cv?
Bearing makes a grinding noise
Cv joint will rattle and or whine

And if a cv joint goes your wheel will lock up
If the bearing goes the wheel can also lock up but your wheel wont fall off like some people think

Ill give them a re grease soon enough as ill be lightening flywheel, ok just keep an eye on them so and listen out for strange noises

you need the frankspeedo eng lift mod :)
aye, lift the g/box, to straighten the shafts eh zed :)

mnt.jpg

genius Frank nice one haha! ive got a pair of CV joints to do at the weekend. new steering arms as well, so i may well get to the g/box mount as well! ive got about a 50mm drop at the moment, so how far do you think i'd have to lift the mount?

i was thinking (as i have a decent lathe and a toy mill) about making a proper set of lifters but had pretty much decided it was unneccessary for the lows i run. just lifting the box will make it muc easier!

A knocking CV joint should last well.

Mine's been knocking ever since I was lowered about 23,000 miles ago.

Last month or so it has got noticeably worse, but so long as you don't drive like a bellend or pull out sharply too harsh, you should be okay.

Back