CV joint question

Josho

Buy & Sell Member
Just done the CV joint on the K11, and I noticed it just slid straight off, the clip didn't actually hold it on at all.

When I pushed the new one on with a new clip, it doesn't clip, just pushes up to the clip. Is this right? The driveshaft can move very slightly back and forwards when you are facing the hub.

I know on most cars the clip actually holds the CV joint on, is this the case on Micra's? Cheers.

Oh I see. Well there is two spaces for clips, one at the end and one about an inch in. Well there was/is only a clip on the inch in gap, it just slid off with nothing holding it.

Should it be held on with one of the clips?

Oh I see. Well there is two spaces for clips, one at the end and one about an inch in. Well there was/is only a clip on the inch in gap, it just slid off with nothing holding it.

Should it be held on with one of the clips?

yeh, there should be a square ring for the CV to butt against, and a thin springy one on the end to stop the shaft falling out :)

when inserting the driveshaft i tend to put abit if grease around the spring clip to keep it centred cos otherwise it just freely drops off-centre and jams against the face of the gearbox female spline, then if you wack it in it just bends and wrecks the clip.

Are we talking inner or outer cv joint here ?
The outer one has a solid ring on the end of the splines and then a groove about half way along for the spring clip, when I did mine the spring clip snapped so put it back on without it, been ok for over a year now

i hope the shaft does,nt fall out on a busy junction :eek:

Hi Frank, I've pushed, pulled & twisted the shaft and can't pull it out of the joint. Obviously its on for a reason otherwise it wouldn't be there (maybe a full lock burnt out would dis lodge it ! )

Chris

Back