CV joint going (just replace joint or driveshaft?)

dg_unit

Club Member (Trial)
Hi, my CV joint is clicking when turning right. I think that means the N/S one has gone?There's no splits on the CV boots and it's not had any accidents. The clicking has been there for about a month (maybe longer as other noises were masking it) and hasn't got much worse but will need doing. Just wondering if it's best to change the CV joint or actually the whole driveshaft? Want to do the job properly but don't want to spend unnecessary money and decent K10 driveshafts are hard to find.

Also, does anybody know if pre-98 K11 driveshafts will fit K10s? Mine is a pre-facelift MA10 with the 4-speed gearbox. I know the K11 pre-98 gearboxes fit K10 so though maybe the driveshafts do as well? More likely to get a good condition replacement :grinning:

Thanks.

frank

Club Member
Hi, my CV joint is clicking when turning right. I think that means the N/S one has gone?There's no splits on the CV boots and it's not had any accidents. The clicking has been there for about a month (maybe longer as other noises were masking it) and hasn't got much worse but will need doing. Just wondering if it's best to change the CV joint or actually the whole driveshaft? Want to do the job properly but don't want to spend unnecessary money and decent K10 driveshafts are hard to find.

Also, does anybody know if pre-98 K11 driveshafts will fit K10s? Mine is a pre-facelift MA10 with the 4-speed gearbox. I know the K11 pre-98 gearboxes fit K10 so though maybe the driveshafts do as well? More likely to get a good condition replacement :grinning:

Thanks.

the joints are the same dg (i,ve used k10 ones before) but the bare shaft may be a different length ?