Cutting Rear Springs

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
I was gonna do the Corsa B coil over conversion,but its only the back i need lower (20mm max)

So i thought about getting some standard springs and cutting them. How much would i have to cut to go low enough,but still being safe? (i know cutting springs isnt always safe in the first place.

I would cut my 65mm springs i've got now,but they're at their limit :( (and they're untouched)

Many Thanks

dude, i lost 2 coils off the back. safe as houses driving although i havn't pushed it through the lanes. when i jack the car up at the front the rear lifts like it normally would and the springs stay in. if i jack the rear up by the body, the springs are then loose so i jack it underneath the spring. this is only until i shorten my rear shocks (hopefully this week) (Y)

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Hmm...only other query i have is if cutting 2 coils will still give me the lowering distance i need. Like i said i've got 65mm springs at the moment with 185/45/15s

Hmm...only other query i have is if cutting 2 coils will still give me the lowering distance i need. Like i said i've got 65mm springs at the moment with 185/45/15s

if you shorten your rear shocks you could go 3 coils? i think someone on here was running with 3 off and stock shocks not shortened :eek: but i would'nt advise it. check my blog for the look of 2 coils.

you dont have to cut a whole coil at a time off hooded, you can do as much or as little as you like (you can spin the rubber 'cup' round that holds the spring.