cutting out and slight hesitation

andy88

Ex. Club Member
just bought a k11 for my mum, its a year 2000 with i think the cg10de engine (has coil packs). when i test drove it when buying it, it drove fine without any problems just a noisey alternator, so went ahead and bought it :)

now a few days later its cutting out at lights, also comes near to cutting out when you blip the throttle at idle and has a slight hesitation when you first rev it.

apart from these problems it drives absoultly fine, was quite suprised how quick it was:eek:

what could be the cause of the cutting out etc, im thinking throttle body and saw on ciscos site the guide for soldering it, but the throttle body on this car is different to the one in the guide, so im not sure where to start looking to sort this out.

any help very appreciated, need this fixed before the mot next week

OP
OP
andy88

andy88

Ex. Club Member
its got a new battery, only a week old that the previous owner bought.

just remebered that when i was cleaing the engine bay today, i saw a screw loose on the throttle body which i tightened up, thinking that would sort the problem, but from just looking on ebay it was the air flow meter which had the screw loose, which makes me think the previous owner new this was faulty, so seen as its changable on this body i think ill try a new on, unless it can be cleaned

OP
OP
andy88

andy88

Ex. Club Member
cheers frank, thought it had a removable maf, gonna go down scrappie tomorrow see if i can get one, too impatient to wait for postage.

give me a k10 any day so much easier to figure problems out:laugh:

OP
OP
andy88

andy88

Ex. Club Member
one more question, if i unplug the maf will this improve it so i know its the maf thats at fault.

when the maf on my vectra wen,t when you unplugged it, it drove better and you wouldn't know that it was unplugged, wondering if the micra would be the same or worse unplugged

frank

Club Member
one more question, if i unplug the maf will this improve it so i know its the maf thats at fault.

when the maf on my vectra wen,t when you unplugged it, it drove better and you wouldn't know that it was unplugged, wondering if the micra would be the same or worse unplugged

yes mate :)

OP
OP
andy88

andy88

Ex. Club Member
fank, i owe you a drink

its so much better unplugged doesnt stall atall, went a plugged it back it and it started stalling when bliping the throtle again, so i know its a cheap fix now:grinning:

OP
OP
andy88

andy88

Ex. Club Member
ive got a new one fitted now, running sweet now , had to get new one quick cause its going in for its mot tomorrow.

just got to figure out what the slight knocking type sound is on idle, coming from aux belts area, think maybe the water pump bearing have gone?

Glad you've got your car running properly now.

I read your thread title, and thought you were doing a review of The King's Speech ....:grinning: