Cutting Lowering Coils?

Hey guys, just a really quick one. Is it possible to cut PI lowering springs? I currently have my K12 sat on the PI springs that take it down 35mm with some 16 inch bbs reps and the arch gap is really annoying me (more than it should) is it possible to chop these coils or not? Will link them below :p

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/1604...f11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

DSCF0801.jpg

(I just included the links/pictures if you needed them for reference). Hope someone can help, only looking to chop around an inch, maybe an inch and a half maximum as I don't want to be slammed.

Thank you!

a77d63bffa.jpg

Attachments

• 20140705_185141_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20140705_185141_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 5,081
Arch gap?
Pah! LOL.
I'd say don't cut them. That way you can still sell them on someday.
Besides she looks lovely how she is ;)

Arch gap?
Pah! LOL.
I'd say don't cut them. That way you can still sell them on someday.
Besides she looks lovely how she is ;)

She does look good I agree! Going in for some bodywork as two people hit me in the space of 20 mins *sigh*. The slammed look is a guilty pleasure of mine and if I could go a little lower then I'd be up for it but I dont want the bottom of the car with scrapes all over it when the time comes for me to sell her which I'm really not looking forward to! :(

Inch at the front, inch and a half at the back, spot on. Bam, Nice looking k12.

Cheers mate didnt want anything too extreme and that'd be perfect. Am I actually able to chop these coils? I've heard some people say you can't chop the micra coils the way sit in the actual strut thing or something?

Cheers mate didnt want anything too extreme and that'd be perfect. Am I actually able to chop these coils? I've heard some people say you can't chop the micra coils the way sit in the actual strut thing or something?
yes they are tapered/ball shaped iirc, so the diameter of the end coil will change i guess

You need to post a photo of the springs themselves to say.

If the diameter of the spring stays the same the full length of the spring and the last coil isn't "flat" at both ends then you can cut them. (If only one end of the coil is flat then cut the opposite end)

You need to post a photo of the springs themselves to say.

If the diameter of the spring stays the same the full length of the spring and the last coil isn't "flat" at both ends then you can cut them. (If only one end of the coil is flat then cut the opposite end)

thanks for the reply mate, the best pic I could get is under the arch, I dont have a ramp/stands so I cant actually get the coils off

Back