Custom center console

This page includes every thing I've done to the car so far, not just the center console. Should have started a new post but to late now.

Hi all,
I've not long found this forum and am new to it, so wasn't really sure where to start this off from.
Before i get into it the build, thought I'd start off by letting you know a little about the car.
Its a K10 (best version in my eyes) got it for my 18th birthday, with 18,000 miles on the clock!!!! but only just started to drive it as I not long passed my driving, so now around 37,000 miles on the clock, now 21 soon to be 22, I know seems like a long time!! But I had to send the money on more important things like University. So finally started driving and see a lot of micra's around and thought i'd stand out a little.
So far I built a custom center console, which include 2 built in 4" speaks with tweeters, as most of you know the K10 doesn't really come with a good sound system. I tired my best to match the interior. Also got a 12" sub in the boot and 2 6.5" speakers on the parcel shelf, so my sound is pretty awesome now =D
So here's what it looks like, enjoy and hope you guys like it =]

img20120710154844.jpg
img20120710154938.jpg

img20120710155038.jpg

img20120710155046.jpg

img20120711153035.jpg

img20120711153045.jpg

img20120711160240.jpg

img20120711160248.jpg

img20120711162415.jpg

img20120711174504.jpg

img20120711174528.jpg

img20120711200137.jpg

img20120711211933.jpg

img20120711211941.jpg

img20120711211947.jpg

img20120713182350.jpg

img20120713182356.jpg

img20120713182402.jpg

img20120713182408.jpg

img20120714192815.jpg

hopefully you all can see those pictures!!

Also have a couple more things to do to it, like: got some new deep dish wheels for it (13x7 minilite) which im waiting for. Wider the wheel arches to couple with the deep dish wheels. Performance exhaust system to improve engine sound, lower the car by about 35mm or more, and i think that's about it for now =P
I'll post some more pictures, once I've got it all =]

k11_whore

Steve :)
welcome to the forum and liking your install so far on the sound system :) hurry up and get pictures of the actual beast :) we all love pictures here. enjoy your stay :cool:

p.s to upload pictures, when you copy each of the photos url link add the [ img ] tags

OP
OP
Sdperkins
Will try and get some nice one tomorrow, if it's nice out, was hoping to put pics of the whole car up once everything is finished, but no harm in it i guess lol.
Cheers for letting me know about the pics, shall try that tomorrow

13" wheels? shouldnt be too big, ive fitted 185/60R14 on mine, and it worked fine, optimal would be 175/50R15, that dimension is readilly available.

OP
OP
Sdperkins
13" wheels? shouldnt be too big, ive fitted 185/60R14 on mine, and it worked fine, optimal would be 175/50R15, that dimension is readilly available.

Yeah i wanted to keep it the same, so the speedo doesnt really change. Its not the 13" im worried about, its how far they stick out of the car's arches. They pop out like 2" they are 7" wide!!!!! =P

OP
OP
Sdperkins
welcome to the forum and liking your install so far on the sound system :) hurry up and get pictures of the actual beast :) we all love pictures here. enjoy your stay :cool:

p.s to upload pictures, when you copy each of the photos url link add the [ img ] tags

Will try and get some nice one tomorrow, if it's nice out, was hoping to put pics of the whole car up once everything is finished, but no harm in it i guess lol.
Cheers for letting me know about the pics, shall try that tomorrow (just copied message over, forgot to hit the reply button, newbie i know =[ lol)

I did some test with the gps speedo on my phone, i have 155/70R12 on my micra at the moment, and when the car speedo shows 100km/h, the true speed on the gps is 92km/h, so with 155/70R12 the speedo is 8% off!

OP
OP
Sdperkins
I did some test with the gps speedo on my phone, i have 155/70R12 on my micra at the moment, and when the car speedo shows 100km/h, the true speed on the gps is 92km/h, so with 155/70R12 the speedo is 8% off!

well i was gonna get 165/50/R13 but thought that would change the outcome to much, so went for something similar to what the car came with: 165/65/R13 instead of 155/70/R13 on a 7" wide wheel =]

OP
OP
Sdperkins
Ok got the springs done at last and i think it looks pretty awesome!! Will look better once the wheels are on, still waiting for some parts before i can do any of that.
However, here are some before and after pictures of the springs. (costing £81 for 35mm lowering springs)
Enjoy :)

Before:

After:

Looks a lot better in real life, and feels loads better!!! =]

and i also got pictures of the exhaust, finally:

Sounds awesome, and for those that want to know it only cost £45 (I didnt think that was bad)

I also got my arches however they are to small and need sending back =[ so i can't do the wheels until the arches are fitted.

OP
OP
Sdperkins
Update on the wheels, sitting waiting for some arches so they will be road legal. Not sure how else i can make the tread flush with the body work. If anyone has any ideas, would love to hear them before i buy some arches.

Sorry the measurements I've posted on here are wrong, i left the car jacked up a bit so it was not true to the ground, giving a wrong reading. Its only 5mm the tread sticks out.

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Was the correct off set for the car available in those wheels? Very nice wheel buy they will probably ruin the handling

OP
OP
Sdperkins
Was the correct off set for the car available in those wheels? Very nice wheel buy they will probably ruin the handling

The only offset for this make of wheel is 70mm hence how much they poke out.
They do minilite flush with the center hub if thats what you like, but i was after some deep dish.
I think if you get an offset of 35mm 40mm tops that shouldn't poke out at all, thats where i went wrong.

OP
OP
Sdperkins
When i get some money and time, the next upgrades planned for the car are as follows:

Clean up the engine and engine bay, fit a nice new american styled air filter:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230847076499?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
Lowering coilovers suspension kit
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200814504655?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
Classic steering wheel
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150778389672?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
Nice new bucket seats (still thinking about what kind of style)
maybe... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-REC...=Model:Micra|Plat_Gen:K10&hash=item3a78d08f3f

What do you all think??

OP
OP
Sdperkins
And finished with some primer. Need a paint job... but what colour... or keep it the same??

edit5tw.jpg

edit4k.jpg

edit3r.jpg

edithh.jpg

edit2i.jpg

edit6s.jpg

Looks like nothings been done. Had it extended by 10-15mm. Enough to have the stretched euro look :D need a bit of camber and lower!! Maybe a small tyre wall

OP
OP
Sdperkins
Was thinking of painting the arches the same as the lower part of the car... or do you think it would look silly? Maybe a whole respray?

Any suggestions? Good or bad.

OP
OP
Sdperkins
Had a flat the other day, but was parked to close to the wall to fix it, so turned the car around 180 and the tyre popped off the rim :(
20121002081319.jpg

20121002081303.jpg

20121002081313.jpg

Get them arches painted and keep the Colette-esque two-tone look. It's a beautiful car you've got there mate <3

5262684485_8d8c5109a4_z.jpg

Needs some pinstriping in the same place as ^ IMO, for an old school vibe! :D

OP
OP
Sdperkins
I was thinking of painting the arches like that, but not sure any more as i think it shows how different in size both arches are. Not so sure I'm a fan on thought pin strips thought :(

I was thinking of painting the arches like that, but not sure any more as i think it shows how different in size both arches are. Not so sure I'm a fan on thought pin strips thought :(
Haha yeah once i'd posted the pic, i noticed how different they actually are! You're right, they might look a bit naff like. I reckon pinstripes are great if done right, I remember when my dad used to buy it in to replace missing/wrecked stripes on k10's way back when! :D

What's next for your car now? Got any plans? :D

OP
OP
Sdperkins
Yeah i didnt notice how different they were until i tried some arch kits on it and it didnt work so well, so i got them pulled out and then remolded like nothing has been done to it :) Next biggest thing i must do, is some adjustable coilovers, then the car can be lowered more, abit of camber, as the lower spring ive got on the car are to soft and make the wheels rub around nearly every bend in the road, plus it doesnt allow more than myself in the car or a full tank of fuel :( lol. Also thinking of an engine swap aswell, long way down the line.... still trying to think what would be good, saw this video and got me thinking....

Same size car, same kinda weight, but they've put it mid-engine and RWD which would be awesome, but think i want to kept the back seats still ;)

A polo is actually a little bit heavier...
Anyway, you can use the polo 6n rear adjustable collies on the k10. At the front polo collies are also used, but I prefer Corsa B at the front.

OP
OP
Sdperkins
A polo is actually a little bit heavier...
Anyway, you can use the polo 6n rear adjustable collies on the k10. At the front polo collies are also used, but I prefer Corsa B at the front.

Oh really, thought it may have been as its a bit newer than the K10's and looks more bulky
Yeah I'm gonna get the polo 6n coilovers over the summer, i know theres abit of a mod for the front that needs doing. Didnt know about the Corsa B, whats so different between the two?

The corsa B shocks have a better fitment. The bolt holes have a better line up than the polo ones. So you need less modding.
Also, I think the corsa fronts give the k10 better handling than the polo ones. Polo ones can get you lower (about 1 inch I think)
I've tried both on my first K10.

Gonna place the corsa fronts probably this weekend, I'll make plenty of pics and put them online

OP
OP
Sdperkins
Nothing big, but got some wind deflectors on the way, and i'm super thinking about cutting up the front grill, making it huge open section and sticking in 2 hella supertone horns. Think it will look ace!!!! Will update more on the way when i've got everything ;)

OP
OP
Sdperkins
Something that's started to bug me, which i forgot to tell you guys. Someone tried breaking into my car a couple of years back now, lucky didn't get anywhere and we noticed before it was to late. The way they did it was bent the drivers door back enough to get their arm through the window i think and now has started to get to me as the gap is loads bigger on the driver side, compared to the original gap (not sure if you can tell from pictures above, or i could take detailed photos) and it rattles enough to annoy me. I've tried bending it back but afraid that it might break where it was already bend or make it worse than what it is, any ideas, or keep at the bending?

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
Something that's started to bug me, which i forgot to tell you guys. Someone tried breaking into my car a couple of years back now, lucky didn't get anywhere and we noticed before it was to late. The way they did it was bent the drivers door back enough to get their arm through the window i think and now has started to get to me as the gap is loads bigger on the driver side, compared to the original gap (not sure if you can tell from pictures above, or i could take detailed photos) and it rattles enough to annoy me. I've tried bending it back but afraid that it might break where it was already bend or make it worse than what it is, any ideas, or keep at the bending?

The super s I recently bought was very obviously broken into at some point in its life. My driver side door has a huge gap compared to the passenger side, not to mention theres a big crease in the pillar where it was bent out so much. My door does not rattle thank god and my one could never be bent back into place. When I locked BOTH of my keys in my boot I had to break into my own car, you will be surprised how far you can bend those doors out without even damaging it.

I don't think you could just bend it back into place ( I know I wouldn't) I think it might haft to be something you will have to live with but as for the rattle that could be a easy fix.

OP
OP
Sdperkins
The super s I recently bought was very obviously broken into at some point in its life. My driver side door has a huge gap compared to the passenger side, not to mention theres a big crease in the pillar where it was bent out so much. My door does not rattle thank god and my one could never be bent back into place. When I locked BOTH of my keys in my boot I had to break into my own car, you will be surprised how far you can bend those doors out without even damaging it.

I don't think you could just bend it back into place ( I know I wouldn't) I think it might haft to be something you will have to live with but as for the rattle that could be a easy fix.

Yeah thats my problem, the driver door has been pulled out to much and has been bent back once before that i know of, after it had happened (wasn't there at the time) leaving a crease in the pillar and the rattle is just the wind getting into the gap, its not huge but starting to bug me. One reason i think it might break at the pillar is because of the crease, and i don't fancy buying a new door, not worth it!