Custom center console

Getting bored of the center console shape i have in the car atm and fancy a change in design.
I've made up a basic mock up model on CATIA (3D software) I've added a slot in the center console to put the CD player in it as I'm adding a drink holder into the place of the CD player. After many trips and slipping my drinks i decided that the car in great need of one.
This is what i will be putting into the place of the CD player as its the most level part for the drink holder and for the price i didnt think it was bad:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320661702093?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
Here is the new design i will be moulding out of fiber glass and wrapping them in a vinyle and carbon fiber vinyle. Still having speakers at the back same as the one i built above.
customcenterconsole.jpg

customcenterconsolegear.jpg

Haven't changed it much but i think it looks better ;)

how are you planing on making the selector cover? as iv been looking for a new cover for my k11 gear surrounnd and love that look :)

I know it sounds lame and long but its trial and error, I will most probably have a bit of card and put the gear stick into each gear mapping out the measurements, also giving some gear stick movement, once I've done that I will make a fiber glass mould and wrap it in a carbon vinyl or I may try to do it out of carbon fiber, not sure how I will finish it just get.
Hope that gives you an idea ;)

Its the only way I know how, I don't think its a universal size and they don't make it for the k10 that I know of, I just think that look is ace!!
Give it ago, you never know it might work out. Let me know if you try it ;)

Yeah would be but money and I've never really worked with carbon or fiber glass, so going for the cheaper option. Thinking of a sticker bomb vinyl for the center console and a carbon gear stick cover, think it will blend nicely. I will try and update pictures with a realistic look.

Ok here is an update with the vinyl added to the design. Only think missing is the speakers but they already know there place ;)
closeupstickerbomb.jpg

customstickerbombed.jpg

Looks pretty sweet, not to everyone's taste but i like it

ill mock something up and get a pic :) may need to get some tools first tho lol and how far my gear stick moves didnt move far enough side to side to go into the slots :(

Ok I got bored today and started to add a bit more detail into the design, let me know what you think:
updatedcenter.jpg

There is a K10 logo in the picture above but super hard to see it with the stickerbomb effect.
updatedcenterback.jpg

Was a bit hard to see the logo in the pictures above so made it easier... What do you guys think of the K10 logo?? Raised by only a 1mm or 2mm, its just an idea at the moment
updatedcenterdetailed.jpg

Also changing the gear stick cover to a red carbon fiber vinyl, as I'm going to be matching it with the interior :D

Found somewhere that will do a roll cage for the K10 at an reasonable price :p just need the money now. CANT WAIT!!!!! Where's this job that I need so BADLY!!!!

Not sure lol... all the information they have

Designed for the budget conscious competitor.
  • Club kits are available for all our existing range of vehicles.
  • Designed to suit individual customers' requirements when one of our 'off-the-shelf' designs may not fit the bill.
  • For when a complete cage is more than is required.
  • Fit as many or as few tubes as the Regulations allow.
  • Position tubes where more convenient.
  • Simply choose from the CL1, CL2, CL3, CL4 drawings as to which design best suits your requirements- the CL4 is a six-point cage design.
  • All Club kits are weld-in roll cages.
  • All Club kits are produced in CDS steel.
  • Tubes are 45mm diameter x 2.5mm wall thickness.
  • Kit includes profiled tubes and footplates.
  • Additional CDS tube supplied in 1.5m lengths at £15.
  • No FIA documentation available for Club Kits.
  • Letter of Conformity available for CL4 kits only (please contact us for more information).
http://www.customcages.co.uk/Rollcage/Manufacturers.castle

scroll down to Roll Cage Selector and put in:
NISSAN
MICRA UPTO 02
CLUB

They also do it for k11 :)

you getting anywhere with the centre console mate?

Nah haven't started yet as I'm at university at the moment and the lack of money but planning on using the CNC milling machines to make that gear cover thing (whatever its called) Going to try and make a template tomorrow and see how that works out for me. Thought of a couple more little details to add to the new center console though, will post more once I've done something. Over Christmas, when I go back home I plan on making a mod on the front grill and adding some hella horns as well.

Ok I found out today that I can't make the gear cover as planned as the gear stick over laps itself when changing from 1 3 and 5 just like Belly93 said on his K11, so I've thought of something different now I've got the sizes I needed and will make a mock up on my 3D software and show some pictures once I've finished the design. Its going to kind of be a big hole to allow the gear stick to move but I'm also going to make a cover so you can't see the floor as its not pretty :p will just have to wait and see

Ok had one go at the idea, not sure what I think of it but it will work. Also got another idea that may look a bit nicer but haven't designed it yet as I've only thought of it :p
Let me know what you guys think
xcover.png

Had to have to tabs for fitting reasons and its extended out so far, so when you change gear that yellow cover does not show a gap showing the car chassis.
Different colours to allow you guys to see how it works.
Sizing is pretty much realistic.
Not sure how noisy this may be if the yellow is loss metal for movement of gear changing and the car is vibrating from revs or bumps...

Think I might scrap this idea... Doesn't look like its going to be easily done, thinking of another idea using the factory equipment.
Something similar to:
kgrhqeokjke8ysqbj8dbqmt.jpg

Back