Crushing cars, WHY!!

kev_mono72

Ex. Club Member
I went to a scrapyard this morning to pick up a 5 speed box only to find out that the car was crushed!! It was a high spec model with a very nice interior, low milage, good engine, only now it has been compacted!! The scrappy didnt even know, so he sent me to another one that just came in yesterday that was running and all! I went to look for it, and it was missing so he went looking for it with me and it was crushed! These were both high spec models worth hundereds to me! They have 4 L models that they didnt crush, they go crush the running high spec models! That really annoyed me! Why dont they care about micras, dont they realise that they are worth more than the first two numbers on the reg! grrgrrgrr

it all depends, the scrap man i get out to dispose of cars for me takes 4 cars from us at a time and crushes them to a mangled wreck whilst they are ont he back of the truch so he can fit all 4 on. cost's £15 a car and he usually lets me crush them myself with the crane thing which is great fun :D First time he came out it was a bit heartbreaking because he took a fiat uno turbo ie which was imaculate except for a little rust on the rear quater and the breaks were ****ed and a mini clubman estate of 1970's vintage and a jetta 1.6 and my micra, personally i would have liked to see the mini and the uno get used for spares but it sure was fun smashing them up :)
Owen

that reminds me though, if anyone wants anything from my pre facelift LS special then come help yourself, it is going to the scrappies in a couple of weeks. along wiht one of my metro's and a bmw 323i and a fiat panda. so if anyone wants anything from any of the above then let me know. :) the fiat only needs a bracket on the gearbox welding. still has a month mot and tax aswell.
Owen

yup, it is a waste. but i personally dont have the time or space to mess around stripping car's and i am picking up 2 more cars tommorow that i am saveing from the scrappers. will sell them on when they are fixed and then hopefully i can get cracking building my new garage. just need rid of all the cars first so i have space..lol
owen

Back