creaky suspension

richmicratwista

Direct Detailing UK
i have a 98 k11. i have got a creak coming from the front passenger side when im turning. could it b the bushes or cv joint. any suggestions

mike

I love Ed!!!!
To check the CV joints, jack the car up and check to see if there is any grease leaking from the rubber boots behind each hub, also check for any cuts as well.

The bushes are pressed in and are harder to check. The only way i know to check if they are gone is; If you are certain the tracking is 100% spot on but the tracking is erratic then its most likely the bushes need replacing.

The CV joints and the bushes would produce a knocking noise rather than a creeking noise. Does your car pull to one side when you straighten the steering wheel, if you the creeking noise would most likely come from one of the front dampers/springs. It is usally when the damper on the side the car pulls to.

Mike

mike

I love Ed!!!!
Its most likely your CV joint. Check your CV joint and read a Haynes manual to see if you are confident to replace it yourself. If you are it most likely cost you £50-£60 max in parts, but if you take it to a garage it might double in price.

If you check the CV joint and you see the boot has come off. A cheap quick fix until you can get it done properly is to get some CV grease pack it in and cable tie it on tightly. I dont recommend this as a long term fix but as a short term 2-3 week max fix

Mike

N

Nismo HK11

Also check th rubber shock absorber covers, these tend to wear and rub against the springs on K11's causing a creaky sound.

S

sukoo

richmicratwista said:
i have a 98 k11. i have got a creak coming from the front passenger side when im turning. could it b the bushes or cv joint. any suggestions

2day just change my cv joint n the bushing at the shock
no more tok tok sound from the cv n creek sound from the shock liao

E

Emi

sounds like the cv joint. you will be able to pick them up at the crap yard for about £40. then generally have already taken them off so ask at the desk. its not that hard to change. i did it myself, and i am abit of a clueless women.

S

sukoo

richmicratwista said:
how much should i pay for a new one and do i need to replace them all or just where the noise is.

for mi i am from singapore
i jus replaced the cv joint n the rubber pcs for the shock
cv joint around s$80 japan made
rubber pcs i tink s$20
labour i tink s$40
cos i total paid s$140 loh
hope my reply answer ur query