Crash damage... Is it repairable? (pic heavy)

Ok guys, as some of you will know my beloved Blue Demon was written off a few months ago. Still have her & I'm wondering if she is repairable and at what cost? Pretty sure she is but is it economical to bother?

DSC_2183.jpg

DSC_2188.jpg

DSC_2191.jpg

DSC_2192.jpg

DSC_2198.jpg

DSC_2199.jpg

DSC_2204.jpg

DSC_2205.jpg

DSC_2206.jpg

DSC_2208.jpg

OP
OP
odd_ball
Obviously bumper and boot hatch are replaceable reasonable cheaply... my main concern is if the damage to the boot floor etc is repairable and at what cost?

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
Should pull out quite easily, new bumper and tail gate from a scrapper and off you, biggest issue will be tailgate seal. Also was it a cat c right off? If so will need a vic.

OP
OP
odd_ball
Should pull out quite easily, new bumper and tail gate from a scrapper and off you, biggest issue will be tailgate seal. Also was it a cat c right off? If so will need a vic.

Yes, Cat C write-off so will need all relevant testing/paperwork etc. What is the problem with the seal, are they a bugger to get on?

looks shagged to me, has it closed the doorgaps oddball ?

I assume you're talking about the boot door only? No, gap at top of hatch seems normal, gap towards bottom opens out away from the car. Can be seen in one of the pictures of the side of the car. You think it's not worth the effort then? Car is just too good to waste... :(

Nasty.... :(

I know man, absolutely gutted when this happened! Loved that car... My new Micra is crap in comparison...

OP
OP
odd_ball
Really? That's strange and interesting? Not noticed any difference in front doors, I'll measure them to be sure at some point?...

Need to get in up on a ramp and see if the chassis is damaged. Same thing happened to mine and there was damage to rear shock carrier one side was bent and some of the spot welds were ripped apart. I got £600 from the insurance I only paid £400 for it.

OP
OP
odd_ball
Need to get in up on a ramp and see if the chassis is damaged. Same thing happened to mine and there was damage to rear shock carrier one side was bent and some of the spot welds were ripped apart. I got £600 from the insurance I only paid £400 for it.

What did you do with yours afterwards then? This one is just too good to scrap, wanted to fix it back up, either for road use or rally/motor sport etc but money is tight. Would love to see somebody else rally it though, solid car!

I let the insurance take it away they scrap it abit of waste only 68k on the clock. I took my 14" alloys, exhaust, spark plugs. cd player and airbox off the car and replaced the stock parts. I got a 1.4 to replace it and I have put the parts on it from the old one. The 1.4 is a good upgrade.

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Looks a little too far gone to me :/
My main worry is how damaged the boot floor looks.
Sorry, that's probably not what you wanted to hear.

What did you do with yours afterwards then? This one is just too good to scrap, wanted to fix it back up, either for road use or rally/motor sport etc but money is tight. Would love to see somebody else rally it though, solid car!

Lots of good micra's out there for not much money, most people building grasses/rally like decent base cars to start with, especially as micra's are so cheap anyway. Scrap it and get a good 100 for it :)

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
My worry would be the damage in the boot floor. Far short of cutting it out and welding a new one in but even then what else has been weakened?
Might be worse next time

baguete

Site Supporter
My grey Micra was worse than yours (rear ended too, twice, and front end damage too) and was repairable, the boot floor can be fixed and you should need a new rear panel, boot hatch and rear bumper.

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
I'm not saying it's not repairable just at what cost and is the integral structure gonna be questionable?
Me in a car fine I'd fix but using it with my kids not risking it.

Well, I suppose baguete has proved that stuff like this can be repaired. But it depends on who is repairing it. Some garages can repair stuff better than new and a lot more solid than new.