Crap Heater Blower

Lads with the cold weather around i've noticed the past couple of months that my car takes an absolute age to heat up and demist the windows, especially the front windscreen.

The pollen filter was replaced only a few months back but I have been told that it is possible that it could be in back the front or upside down etc.

I've also been told that the fan blades that are part of the blower motor might need to be cleaned ?

I know the easy option is to remove the pollen filter but I understand thats not healthy for those that are in the car.

If you have AC run it for a while once a week to help keep the moisture levels in the car down, if not try getting one of those damp trap things.
I have a thing that I got from lidl a few years ago, it's basically a grey material bag around absorbent crystals.
I used it in my k11 and now my k12, cuts demisting time down to a couple of minutes instead of about 20 <_<
I just havd to leave it on the radiator over night every few weeks to dry it out again ;)

Pollen filter change, for a nice clean new one will probably help if it's bunged up, no point in taking it out completely, That would surely make it worse?

If the rear window takes ages check the heating elements (the stipes across the glass).
If they are broken you can use a special pen to complete the circuit, this is something I really need to do myself :p

(Side issue) The engine temperature should rise quickly to normal on a Micra. If not, change the thermostat!

My heater fan on the K11 is only strong enough to demist the windscreen and side windows in the front if I set the control to 'demist' or 'demist & feet' but on other settings even the windscreen never fully clears! I lots of steamy Micras. I think it may be a design problem.

The fan makes plenty of noise, but air flow from the vents is weak, difficult to feel with the back of my hand. I suspect a restriction somewhere, so a more powerful motor probably won't help much. I don't think there is a pollen filter on mine. If I find the restriction, I will report back :)

you would need to use the fresh air setting not recirculate setting to demist
unblock polen filter on facelift models
my 1.0 got hot quicker than the 1.3 and never lost oil or water,at all
1.3's got good torque but look like they allow bubbles to move around the system (matrix=less heat with small bubbles inside it
1.3's burn oil too right ? :) shmokin,,,,,,,,,,,

Yes, fresh air needed, rather than recirculated! But the exception is using the air con, where recirculated air seems to be drier and clears the windows double quick :)

My 1.3 never seemed to burn oil. Must have been a lucky one...

Take the glovebox out, but with mine (99 v plate), you can not remove the filter because there a plastic strip infront of it. I had to remove a segment of the plastic with a stanley knife to get the filter out. I think the only other method is to remove the dash! Then undo the one screw, slide down the cover which reveals the filter. Hope this helps.

Take the glovebox out, but with mine (99 v plate), you can not remove the filter because there a plastic strip infront of it. I had to remove a segment of the plastic with a stanley knife to get the filter out. I think the only other method is to remove the dash! Then undo the one screw, slide down the cover which reveals the filter. Hope this helps.
Blimey, that means Nissan actually made one thing easier to get to on the k12! Lol

Back