Cranking but not starting

I have a 1999 1.0 i K11, It just wouldnt start the other morning, Ive never had any problems with it over the past 4 years, its been running great. I checked for a spark and there wasnt any so Ive put in new plugs, Distributor cap and Rotor arm, Checked all the relevant fuses, I get fuel ok but still no spark at the plugs. Could anyone point me in any direction that I may have missed, It has no OBD2 diagnostic port. Any help would be really appreciated...

nats only cuts the injector signals mate, so it will run with petrol dropped down the throttlebody when nats fails
the link might be for members only ?
$(KGrHqV,!ncFH2OtpYNSBSDYrOr10g__60_35 (1).JPG
PC250247 (1).JPG

nats only cuts the injector signals mate, so it will run with petrol dropped down the throttlebody when nats fails
the link might be for members only ?
View attachment 73363View attachment 73364
I am a member.. I think, so if I get fuel on the plugs its not the nats, Im really confused as to why it just stopped running as it was used the night before with no problems at all... I will see if I can find adapter and send for one...

Ive just been reading the manual again ref the removing the Dizzy cap, It says to remove the cap and recover the spring from the Ignition coil tower. When I took the cap off there was no spring on the tower, but I saw one inside of it, is that correct or should it be outside and slip over the pin that is offset in the cap to complete the circuit... Ive never removed a dizzy cap on a Micra before....

Should this spring that Ive marked on the image be inside of the Dizzy cap when its removed, it wasnt when I took it off but could see a spring pushed into the ignition coil tower, so Im wondering if this makes the connection to complete the circuit....
Inkeddizzy_LI.jpg
Inkeddizzy_LI.jpg

A little update, The spring was pushed inside the ignition coil tower, I took it out stretched it back so it came out proud of the hole, when I fitted the cap back on I could feel the pressure unlike before, It still wouldnt start, I did the paper clip test under the dash and got repeated 55 .. everything working as it should. So now Im thinking it could be the coil, I understand that by getting it warm with a heat gun and it starts it verifies that the coil is at fault.... any advice welcome..

the dizzys usually fail when hot steve, and work again when cooled down
there is an injector clicking test in the pdf manual, that confirms if a cas signal is there

the dizzys usually fail when hot steve, and work again when cooled down
there is an injector clicking test in the pdf manual, that confirms if a cas signal is there
You have lost me Frank ...lol.. whats a cas signal, the injectors are putting fuel into the engine no problem...

cam/crank angle sensor mate the optical disc inside the dizzy
if its working you will hear the injectors click and then point to a coil or wire issue
no click could point to a coil/wire/transistor/optic/ecu issue

cam/crank angle sensor mate the optical disc inside the dizzy
if its working you will hear the injectors click and then point to a coil or wire issue
no click could point to a coil/wire/transistor/optic/ecu issue
I think Ive got it now, I downloaded The pdf mate, so will have a good read later, Thanks Frank I appreciate the help..

Ive decided Im not going try and jump from one thing to another trying to get this car started so Ive sent for a New Dizzy, while Im waiting I may aswell give it a service .. weather permitting....

Back