CR14DE VVT sprocket differences

Hi folks

Hope you can help.

I have the dreaded timing chain issue although the teeth on my VVT sprocket are also worn so this needs replacing too which is where lies my problem.

First up the blueprint timing chain kit didn't include the vvt sprocket so that's being returned and refunded without problem.

I then bought another timing chain kit which includes a replacement vvt sprocket.

The vvt sprocket in the kit looks like this one -
upeza2en.jpg

(With the four bolts holding it together)

However the vvt sprocket fitted to the engine on my car has three bolts holding it together and the oil distribution holes are in different locations to those on the replacement sprocket.

My mechanic is rightly concerned about fitting this part as it may not distribute oil appropriately and work as it should.

So I got onto www.nissan4u.com to get the engine diagram and nissan part number (13025AX011) and the part on the diagram looks like mine - held together by 3 bolts -

pevavabu.jpg

I called nissan - the part is £96 plus vat so I'm prepared to order if it is the 3 bolt one as per diagram but not the 4 bolt one as per the first photo as I already have a new one of those any way.

Trouble is I've just googled the part number and a Russian site has photos of that part number and that too has the same sprocket held in by 4 bolts.

Apologies for the long post but does anyone know if it's okay to fit the 4 bolt vvt sprocket to an engine that's currently got a 3 bolt vvt sprocket fitted? Maybe the 4 bolt is an improved part that stopped the timing chain issue in later models?!

Help appreciated as soon as possible if anyone knows as I need to get the part ordered and fitted if I do need and can get the 3 bolt vvt sprocket.

Thanks in advance, if you need anything clarifying please let me know!

Phil

PS I've read both of the timing chain replacement guides and both helpful in their own ways but both engines in the guides have the 4 bolt sprocket fitted.

Back