• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

CoV's N15

Bought myself another N15, and once sorted the blue Si will be gone.

was up for sale for 700, i grabbed it for 500, full mot, a little tax and 27K miles!!!

Ill let the pictures do some talking.

DSCF2637.jpg

DSCF2630.jpg

DSCF2632.jpg

DSCF2633.jpg

DSCF2635.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

original spare wheel, never seen the light of day and the rear tyres are still the same Dunlops
DSCF2636.jpg

Mileage
DSCF2643.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

Non shiny interior parts
IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

Working light
IMG_0086.jpg

Virgin!
IMG_0089.jpg

Just about run in:
IMG_0073.jpg

Metal plating still fresh!
IMG_0075.jpg

Even the grounds look decent
IMG_0079.jpg

Front crossmember, not baad:
IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

This is pretty much all teh rust the car has apart from a teeny bit on rear turret but looks surface rust only.
IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

The only downside is the bloke selling it has attempted to repair a damaged rear quarter and a few dents in the front wings, the wings and rear quarter are getting replaced, rear arches plated over to remove the bat cave problem so it should work out to be essentially a brand new car with mint bodywork. Nissan want 670 quid for a rear quarter panel so im going to have to remove one from another car in the next couple of weeks, should be good fun.

DSCF2639.jpg

DSCF2638.jpg

The car comes with ABS which I will probably remove anyway but the brakes are outstanding and ive never had a car with such good brakes and Im certain is due to the master cylinder only having a very short working life.

Steering lock is quiet and feels new. Also I had to think why the door wasnt shutting properly but its due to the door seals working properly, they need a little extra effort because of air movement. I know what standard speakers are meant to sound like now, theyre suprisingly quite bassy :)

Its all a bit strange going over the car because its a 1999 but physically it is only like 3 years old and everything feels new, very odd.

OP
OP
C

CoV

Had a good day today as it didnt rain :) Got the underside and fiddling bits left to do which will be easier with engine out.

Even got Char helping :)
CopyofIMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

The evil batcave
IMG_0173.jpg

OP
OP
C

CoV

photo-3.jpg

photo-5.jpg

photo-6.jpg

photo-7.jpg

Considering the scrape that was on the side, the bloke has done an amazing job, very very impressed so far!

OP
OP
C

CoV

About time I spilled the beans.

So a good while ago I decided to improve a GA16 which I got from Spyke and grew a collection of parts.

13:1 YCP Honda D16 pistons machined for floating pin
USDM tubular intake manifold
Thermoblock spacers
P&P Head - Completed by dale
SR20 TB, MAF - Fitted and port matched by dale
SPEC Flywheel
ACT clutch kit
ARP rod bolts
Pink GA16 Injectors
Sytec adjustable FPR
Reground GA16DE cams, +2.5 lift, 275* duration - garage (shimmed to OE specs)
OBX QG18DE exhaust manifold, 2" outlet
ProSpeed 2.5" catback
GTiR ECU, rev limit 7000 and remapped
USDM dizzy
UR underdrive pulley
Lightened, balanced, knife edged bottom end by Chesman Motorsport
Modified Dale intake pipe.
Catch Can
Along with the mods I treated the engine to a load of new Genuine Nissan parts.
New chain tensioners, guides, timing cover, oil pump, headgasket, head bolts, crank seals, water pump, thermostat, bearings, stem seals etc. All tatty or rusty brackets were also powdercoated.

Block painting

Assembly

Crank stopper

More assembly

Built

Morning after the run in

Mapped, nice and torquey.

Wow I spat my coffee out reading the update and the power.

wowwowowowwowo and how solid was that shell eh considering how they normally are? VERY lucky. Tops with what you've done love it.