Cost of welding?

Hi all,
My K11 has just failed its test: rear brake n/s, handbrake, non securing fuel cap!!!, 1 tyre and welding on both sills at the rear. It could of been a whole lot worse:D I can handle the brakes (I think), the petrol cap is ridiculous but maybe correct but the welding.......
I have no equipment nor any experience of welding although it would be fun to learn. How much should I be paying to remedy 3 holes in 3 places - 2 are on the sill underneath, 1 on each side and the 3rd is in the rear wheel arch where the sill ends. The mot site quoted £300 (yes I did say £300), a welder in the next town quoted £100. I can post pictures if necessary but any advice please? Also, does anyone know any alternative people in my area? I'm in North Essex/Suffolk border. Thank's.

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
If the guy who quoted £100 is any good I'd use him. If you have access to a MIG machine, buy a bonnet from a scrappy and wire brush the paint off it and practise, practise, practise before going near your car :).

If the guy who quoted £100 is any good I'd use him. If you have access to a MIG machine, buy a bonnet from a scrappy and wire brush the paint off it and practise, practise, practise before going near your car :).

Thank you for the reply, yes I think you are probably right, I will use him & leave having a go myself to a later time when I have more time.