Cost of Engine

Hey guys,
Someone's breaking a Micra on eBay with a CGA3DE 1.4, with 89k miles. He's offered it to me at £200. Is that too much? Seems like quite a lot of money...
Also if anyone knows where else I could find one that'd be great, I've looked a bunch of times and found nothing.

Also he offered the ECU for £40.

Thanks.

I can get any k11 engine for £100 at my local scrappy, just have to remove it yourself

Also ecu is useless without all the nats crap with it

Oh right. Where is this scrappy? There aren't many around here and when I look there's only the older K11s, if any.
And yes I saw something about the NATS stuff. Don't I have to swap something in the steering column too?

I just paid £200inc shipping for one the other week. You need the ECU, the chip from the key, and the immu(the little box on the ignition barrel). It'll run with the 1.0ecu but it underfuels and isn't as powerful. I've run both.

Quick question:
I took the parts out of my keys (my normal set and my spare), and the spare has a completely different part inside instead of the chip. Could anyone tell me what it is? Would it be some kind of bypass thing (if so that would be SO useful)?
Thanks!

Attachments

• keys.jpg
    keys.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 163
Back