Corsa piston build with throttle bodies

Power its the same, The go program can always try to circumvent maf values, the only reason is that there is better air control with it

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
I'm just gunna stick the micr t/b back on for now......just to see if all the other things I've done to the engine work ok

We've sold the workshop and need to be out very soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
Stuck micra tb back on, works lovely now

Took it for a drive.......it slips the hybrid cg10/13 clutch
So completely undrivable agaim

Revs so quickly!!

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
I'm using a cg10de gearbox

I had the same setup on the k10 cg13 super turbo......and that didn't slip

So either I have a lot more power.......or the clutch is wrong some how

I'm using a cg10de gearbox

I had the same setup on the k10 cg13 super turbo......and that didn't slip

So either I have a lot more power.......or the clutch is wrong some how

More compression, more power lol

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
So with the micra tb installed, it works.....disconnected the maf, and it still works
So I guess it's running on a safe map?
I'm thinking the tps I bought was duff, as I can get voltage out of the micra tps now

So if I put the current tps on the bike itbs, would it work? Or is these itbs letting in so much more air now it's gunna lean out the safe map?

frank

Club Member
So with the micra tb installed, it works.....disconnected the maf, and it still works
So I guess it's running on a safe map?
I'm thinking the tps I bought was duff, as I can get voltage out of the micra tps now

So if I put the current tps on the bike itbs, would it work? Or is these itbs letting in so much more air now it's gunna lean out the safe map?

it might have kicked into some sort of limpmode neil ? and you praps need to rig up the tps to max out at half throttle ?

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
Just tried it, it revs........so the tps was a duff one....thanks eBay

but does that thing that sounds like it's hitting the limiter, but only at 2-3k at a guess

frank

Club Member
hitting the limiter at 3k would be a limpmode i guess, and i think the tps is a key input on the fuel and spark "load" tables/maps

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
No way round it. Gunna have to get ecu sorted

Il stick the micra tb back on fir now and finish the other jobs

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
With that det3 piggyback?

Few people have said it's hard to map itbs with a map sensor

Needs to be done alpha-n.........whatever that's means

frank

Club Member
i meant with the stock ecu for now mate, the maf and baro are 0 to 5v analogue aint they ? and de-sensitise the tps so that the itb flow matches the stock t/b flow more closely ?

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
Hmmmmm, maybe

Spose I'd have to figure out what voltages come from the maf at certain revs? Or throttle position?

frank

Club Member
i think they are both .5v at idle and 4.5v at wot (maf and baro) but the scaling would be way out (about 1/3rd throttle would be 0 psi/0 vacuum) far from ideal but could get you mobile for now

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
7b51e2584afe4a5d7edea61c1652fd2c.png

Oh yeah.....,this is one from the same bike as the throttle bodies I've got

So just plug it in and away I go yeah?

ITB's produce little vacuum "load" at idle and quickly experience full load, when the throttle is opened, the alpha-n takes a TPS map and a MAP map and blends them together to create a better low down drive and then performance at the mid to top of the rev range

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
I have a manifold block for one of my compressors that has 4 check valve built into it .......was gunna throw it out today as well

Another consideration is to match the size of the throttles to the intake, which is something I got wrong when moving from carbs to ITB's.

The throttle plate should be no bigger than the intake port (32mm iirc on the cg13)

frank

Club Member
the twin inlet ports probably total about 25mm dont they ? (i forget the size) and add a vacuum port for the brake servo too eh neil :)

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
Another consideration is to match the size of the throttles to the intake, which is something I got wrong when moving from carbs to ITB's.

The throttle plate should be no bigger than the intake port (32mm iirc on the cg13)

Il give mine a measure tomorrow

Not that I can change them now

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
the twin inlet ports probably total about 25mm dont they ? (i forget the size) and add a vacuum port for the brake servo too eh neil :)

Yeah, i tried driving it the other day without the servo connected........brakes were shocking!

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member

Throttle size also depends on how far the throttle is away from the back of the valve and how much system taper there is. As you move further away from the valve you can get away with a bigger butterfly.

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Yeah, i tried driving it the other day without the servo connected........brakes were shocking!

Most of the resistance is from the servo diaphragm. I binned the stock servo and replaced it with a 'servo delete', brakes were very nice and easy to modulate after :)

Attachments

• 20150212_190804.jpg
    20150212_190804.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 253
OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
I've got the servo linked up now, and little mani block put on too,
The other mani block with the check valves in operate the wrong way , but can easily put some on this if i need too

aba769492c7bba28edab45ec77ca450f.jpg

Mounting the tps to these was a pain, as the micra tps operated backwards to the itbs tps

So mangled up an old micra throttle spindle

2f394bd7a9967c78bd0a2261e725e571.jpg

d0f001d18bed43b1e0b700c893938634.jpg

a1949c972a8e29d44725da973119bd10.jpg

7980ea78836d537e04e8606adf10e992.jpg

Also shortened the gear linkage an inch......now I can get 1st 3rd and 5th again

Ordered up some stainless exhaust parts, mid silencer and back silencer in 2 inch

Gotta take the engine out again though to look at the clutch at some point

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
Stuck the micra tb back on.....gotta move the car soon.

Went for a drive now I have all 5 gears.......I've broke the speedo cable somehow too

Not sure if you can hear in the video, I'm BARELY touching the pedal, and slips the clutch

It works, it moves.....that's what I need for now

Think I'm gunna need to have a bigger rad, gets hot quickly

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
Bathos is the first time I've driven a k11

The clutch pedal does seem rather high to me......but I've got nothing else to compare it too

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
I guess so

Trying to help this clutch

Didn't you put a heavy spring or something pushing the clutch arm?

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
Quick question..,.....wanna use alto springs.....do 2009-14 models fit?

Seen to be the only ones on eBay that are cheap

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
Been driving the car on short journeys, it feels very loose......as if the something's wobbling, especially on power round corners.

All mounts are tight, everything is done up tight too

I have raised the back mount a couple of inches (to account for itbs)

Could it have something to do with that? Putting th driveshafts at a weird angle?

It's yet to be lowered

OP
OP
pork

pork

Club Member
Well it's a good excuse to lower it I guess

Been searching for ages, but no answer to whether 09-14 alto springs fit.

Really cheap on eBay

frank

Club Member
i had some later ones that were slightly barrel shaped neil (fitted fine) but i cant remember what year they were off tho