Corsa B rear shocks for lowering?

Hey all, I’m just in the process of lowering my little k11, the guys at the shop gave me the measurements for a Corsa B rear shock:

289mm compressed
441mm extended

He didnt give me any chassis details but is this the correct one?

A very rough measurement of my own shocks were about 320mm compressed...

Heres a pic of current suspension set up with cutties leaving only 30mm travel... will be shortening shocks soon but want to go lower...

Waiting to see how low the fronts can get, does anyone know how low you can do the fronts before hitting bump stops?

Last edited:
Hey all, I’m just in the process of lowering my little k11, the guys at the shop gave me the measurements for a Corsa B rear shock:

289mm compressed
441mm extended

He didnt give me any chassis details but is this the correct one?

A very rough measurement of my own shocks were about 320mm compressed...

Heres a pic of current suspension set up with cutties leaving only 30mm travel... will be shortening shocks soon but want to go lower...

Waiting to see how low the fronts can get, does anyone know how low you can do the fronts before hitting bump stops?

View attachment 62578View attachment 62578View attachment 62579
Just generic corsa rear shocks are the job I think, although if you're going over 80mm lower then there's other things to use

Hi there im currently selling a set of corsa B coilovers, brought them for a K10 but longer need them, they are FK still in the box never used, £130
Let me know if you interested

Hi there im currently selling a set of corsa B coilovers, brought them for a K10 but longer need them, they are FK still in the box never used, £130
Let me know if you interested

Thank you kindly for the offer, but I am in New Zealand, where Micras are called Marches and Corsa-B's are called Holden Barinas

I found the Corsa B rear shocks to be too short when i had them on mine, the front coilovers weren't too bad but the rear knocked and banged like mad.
I used Alto rear springs which are meant to be 50mm lower but ended up having to cut 2 coils off them to stop them from banging on the rebound as there wasn't enough travel in the shock.
I switched them out for Micra BC coilovers in the end and it's best thing i've done to the car, the ride quality is 100 times better.

I found the Corsa B rear shocks to be too short when i had them on mine, the front coilovers weren't too bad but the rear knocked and banged like mad.
I used Alto rear springs which are meant to be 50mm lower but ended up having to cut 2 coils off them to stop them from banging on the rebound as there wasn't enough travel in the shock.
I switched them out for Micra BC coilovers in the end and it's best thing i've done to the car, the ride quality is 100 times better.
Hi bud, could you use alto rear springs and k11 shocks?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Hi bud, could you use alto rear springs and k11 shocks?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Micra Sports Club mobile app
I think the standard shocks would be too long so when the suspension was on full travel there's a chance the springs might fall out. You need something shorter than the standard shocks but longer than the corsa ones.
I'd highly recommend just spending a little extra on suspension that is made for the Micra though, i have BC coilovers on mine now and it just totally transformed the car but even if you don't have that kind of budget you'd be much better off with just some uprated shocks and springs rather than some cheap Corsa coilovers that aren't made for the car because the ride is just awful with them on.

Back