corsa b rear coilovers

-AdaM-

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Hi all

Ive searched all i can to find an answer to my question but to no avail!

do the rears of a corsa fit the rear of the k11? nobody neems to use them?

and are they shorter in length to a micra shock?

Cheers Adam

Hi all

Ive searched all i can to find an answer to my question but to no avail!

do the rears of a corsa fit the rear of the k11? nobody neems to use them?

and are they shorter in length to a micra shock?

Cheers Adam

Nope I don't believe they do fit
I've just realised I'm in the k11 section lol

Everyone says you don't use them, shorter springs and uprated dampers seems to be the way to go on the rear, with adjustable panhard.

They will fit pretty easy really, don't see what the big issue is on here at all. Will be very low but surely thats the idea of lowering really, we have just installed the full corsa b kit on our 1993 k11 demo car, and to top all this off we also have et 28 offset wheels all round which i might add look the business :cool:, obviously you need to fit/ make like we have an adjustable rod to re centralise the rear but even if you lower a little bit you need to do this to get proper alignment and maintain handling.

Also the coil over kits we use/sell have a slot for the top hole allowing you to alter camber easily using standard bolts, these things are simple as it gets to modify properly and get great results. We came from the Skyline / Supra and other japanese car tuning background and those things require much more thought and infinitely more money but at the end of the day modifying is modifying it has to be right.

Surely to fit them on the rear you would need a completely new wishbone?? Front ones seem to bolt straight on though

Yeah you are sort of right Dan except basically you would have to really strengthen the rear turrets and then Brace between them and to be honest i think i would want to seam weld the shell like the rally boys do, along with other bits and pieces, but the whole corsa b kit still uses pigtail rear coils and short shockers, so for coil over kit read front coil overs with standard but uprated rear set up, still looks the nuts though and completely M.O.T friendly as well as a lovely ride quality.

if you want to go to full coil overs you have massive expense compared to the above kit, buying them is just the beginning of that slippery slope but with money any thing can be done, and when i'm finally building one for myself I might go that route but to be honest i do like the Jamex kit we are fitting on the car we are building at the moment.

Yeah you are sort of right Dan except basically you would have to really strengthen the rear turrets and then Brace between them and to be honest i think i would want to seam weld the shell like the rally boys do, along with other bits and pieces, but the whole corsa b kit still uses pigtail rear coils and short shockers, so for coil over kit read front coil overs with standard but uprated rear set up, still looks the nuts though and completely M.O.T friendly as well as a lovely ride quality.

if you want to go to full coil overs you have massive expense compared to the above kit, buying them is just the beginning of that slippery slope but with money any thing can be done, and when i'm finally building one for myself I might go that route but to be honest i do like the Jamex kit we are fitting on the car we are building at the moment.

See that sounds like a much better option than what I've got. 50mm Apexi lowering springs, but decided they weren't low enough, so I chopped another coil off on each corner. Love having it 90mm lower, but the ride is so harsh, and it's not MOT friendly because I've had to install an axle strap. If I could direct fit coilovers, it would be so much easier

This kit takes well over 100mm plus off of the ride height by just bolting this kit on. the springs are not even compressed up on the coil overs so the ride is still lovely and the back spring rates are great for road and track, there is a harder kit that is designed for track alone but honestly the weight of these cars they just don't need it. she is as low as you can go, that i am sure of.

Will get some pictures up as soon as we have completely finished this car, will be a bit longer though i'm afraid as she is in our body shop at the moment awaiting paint and in a bit of a que :(

I wouldn't be able to go for that kit, unless I completely stripped my car out - at 90mm, the gap between the tyres and arches on each corner is about 5mm. I've had to roll the arches, and if I go any lower, they'll scrub on the alloys themselves (I have deep dish alloys with stretched tyres, so the outside rim is exposed). I want to go 120mm, but it would mean flaring my arches a ridiculous amount. Would look cool though, and my front splitter would be 1cm off the road :laugh:

the SR i have now that Mckenziecz used to own was so low it would scrape on any road that had a slight curve to it :p
proper micra coilies though! (Y)

the SR i have now that Mckenziecz used to own was so low it would scrape on any road that had a slight curve to it :p
proper micra coilies though! (Y)

Mine scrapes a lot anyway. It's pretty bad on those narrow black and yellow rubber speed bumps, and the speed cushions as well. I can only just get into my road for the speedbumps! If I go any lower, I'll have to park up round the corner and walk the rest of the way :laugh:. Proper Micra coilies are a lot of money though. More than what I paid for my alloys! Would require a trip to the bank with a wheelbarrow if paid in cash :glare:

They will fit pretty easy really, don't see what the big issue is on here at all. Will be very low but surely thats the idea of lowering really, we have just installed the full corsa b kit on our 1993 k11 demo car, and to top all this off we also have et 28 offset wheels all round which i might add look the business :cool:, obviously you need to fit/ make like we have an adjustable rod to re centralise the rear but even if you lower a little bit you need to do this to get proper alignment and maintain handling.

Also the coil over kits we use/sell have a slot for the top hole allowing you to alter camber easily using standard bolts, these things are simple as it gets to modify properly and get great results. We came from the Skyline / Supra and other japanese car tuning background and those things require much more thought and infinitely more money but at the end of the day modifying is modifying it has to be right.

will an adjustable panard rod do the job of recentralising the rear?

Back