corsa b coilovers to fit micra ( HOW TOO )

I know, I don't know what has come over me. We are still running the business but don't think there are a lot of people that have any dosh. We are doing very well but from local trade to us, thats the trouble when you are out on the edge of the country, getting people to travel. one more tip is to fit our rear springs it does involve a bit of plasma cutting :laugh: That said it is all the standard rear end. Thats it now my lips are sealed :glare: Would love to be supplying every one with our BC coilover full kits that we can get (now a dealer for) but don't think many want to part with £699.00 for their micra.

so.... after reading all of lucifers posts here, and looking at the pics... i can only see one option..

the adjuster is in the suspension arm.... the spring is untouched apart from a small piece removed from the top, the plasma cutting must be to remove some of the top spring mount on the bodywork so the "egg" shaped piece clears the body on compression........ thats the only thing i can think of....

im gnna tackle my dodgy top mountings tomorrow!

but im thinking is it worth me making the way its done now work or try and get some corsa top mounts?

opinions really.... and whats the bits i need?

but im happy to make the way its done now work for now with new pipe the right length

im gnna tackle my dodgy top mountings tomorrow!

but im thinking is it worth me making the way its done now work or try and get some corsa top mounts?

opinions really.... and whats the bits i need?

but im happy to make the way its done now work for now with new pipe the right length

these are the topmount parts needed will, i slotted the 2 boltholes and welded new studs in, or you could slot the holes in the turret instead

Attachments

• SDC12859.JPG
    SDC12859.JPG
    273 KB · Views: 979
and these can be had of a normal corsa b? hope i can undo them properly as the tops can be hard work! but im gnna have a go at fixing the old set up first till i have more time to do it this way

I don't see why you guys are messing round with corsa springs and shocks on the rear, when you finally get it to the height you want it's gonna scrub like frigg as there too soft. A full 'coilover' as in 4 coilovers for a corsa b can be picked up for £150 fwn

a corsa coilover kit costing around £150 with a few simple mods fits a dream, with enough work you could even get the back springs to fit, but my point about this is, no real work needs to be done to the rear shocks as the micra and corsa are around the same weight and size, also depending what you carry around in the boot, but say if you have 3 ppl sitting in the back thats weight on the shocks already, bearing in mind the coilover are designed for stable handling so they have to deal with great stress on every journey, other words they dont need to be strenghened, and i dont no any one who has tbh

a corsa coilover kit costing around £150 with a few simple mods fits a dream, with enough work you could even get the back springs to fit, but my point about this is, no real work needs to be done to the rear shocks as the micra and corsa are around the same weight and size, also depending what you carry around in the boot, but say if you have 3 ppl sitting in the back thats weight on the shocks already, bearing in mind the coilover are designed for stable handling so they have to deal with great stress on every journey, other words they dont need to be strenghened, and i dont no any one who has tbh

I don't see why you guys are messing round with corsa springs and shocks on the rear, when you finally get it to the height you want it's gonna scrub like frigg as there too soft. A full 'coilover' as in 4 coilovers for a corsa b can be picked up for £150 fwn

Where do you find corsa coilovers for £150??

Those aren't proper coilovers the rears will be strut aside just like the micra suspension

there not full coilovers, but if you wanna go the extra mile and install coilovers on the back, you can do so but there will be lots more work, just to get the same affect as you would with spring by shock set up

Bloody hell, its frightening that some don't even know what type of rear suspension they have.

A proper Coil Over is a shock with the spring and adjustable platform around the shock and if you use these you will need to up rate and strengthen the rear turrets as you are moving the loading on these.

The argument for having three people in the back doesn't work i'm afraid as if you have standard shocks and springs the loading is mostly on the spring and shock absorber is doing just what it says, absorbing shock's

Hope that has cleared it up a little and i think Frank is right, i'm not convinced a full Proper Coil Over kit is going to make a huge difference on these cars, but they do look the nuts and allow height adjustment without altering the spring rates which is nice.

Its not painted yet thats why no pics are shown. But don't worry i'm not out to impress you so its all good here. Think i must have really upset you for some reason as everyone else has moved on lol, thats really cool you are still mad, i done good there.

i'm crazily mad fuming confused,,:grinning:
would be very impress'd with your work ? and would think it'd draw in custom ?

A proper Coil Over is a shock with the spring and adjustable platform around the shock and if you use these you will need to up rate and strengthen the rear turrets as you are moving the loading on these.

The argument for having three people in the back doesn't work i'm afraid as if you have standard shocks and springs the loading is mostly on the spring and shock absorber is doing just what it says, absorbing shock's

I say no, there is no need for that, i drove it sometimes with a car fully loaded with people, did some hard cornering and the turrets didnt break...

Painted on eyes?? You said you could get a proper corsa coilover kit for £150 when you can't

Really? Hmm ok then I must be dreaming......ohh no sorry there £149.00 my mistake. Delivery is £16 but I managed to get mine for £150 all in a few months ago. Here is some help for you as you don't seem to be able to search on eBay.

d33d5c0f.jpg

a3477b2f.jpg

By the way i do like the saying "Have you got painted on eyes" lol made me chuckle (Y)

He must have if he can't do a 10 second search :wasntme:

Are you guys using proper adjustable rods too?

Now show me a picture of the real product not a generic one, you will find if you'd bothered to message the seller that the rears a separate strut and spring

for the full kit for the corsa b with the fully adjustable rears etc i found the gaz set but they are almost as much as the micra ones anyway....

and i noticed that a quick inspection of martins coilovers the same sort of problem has been going on as mine.... and thats with virtually no use!

so best option for me is deffo corsa top mounts!

The kit I bought a while back for mine was a full coilover kit for £150, granted they were cheap crap but did the job at the time. I was only after looks then. Now on my new k11 I've got corsa front coilovers and spax rear with adjustable shocks. It's so stiff the rear pop out window screws loosened them selfs off :doh:

R REG SR, Looks like i jumped to the wrong conclusion and owe you an apology so here it is, Sorry mate. Thought you were having a dig, I promise you all as soon as its worth posting pictures i will post some up, then you can all tear it apart lol. I am fully aware that modifying is all down to personal taste so will be very interested for all feedback good and bad

i fitted my second set up with the corsa top mounts today and slotted and welded new studs in.... much better i feel... ill put them on on wednesday

ripped a corsa today

had to slow for raggady speed humps ,cowsa over takes as if its action he's doing :grinning:

what am saying is on the back of a k11, is a coil nest to the spring, the k10 you can put coil over shocks on the back, yes cut micra springs will be much softer than the proper lowering springs, but am saying you not need to mod the shocks, i am using them rubber spring spacers to stop it bottoming out when 3 people are in the back, as for having paint on my eyes, no i dont i havent been painting fwn

my coilovers turned up today, £145 delivered, raceland ones, worth banging in a silly offer to these guys on ebay :D going to experiment with various OE rear springs from other vehicles to see what fits best. will keep you all updated with my findings :D

my coilovers turned up today, £145 delivered, raceland ones, worth banging in a silly offer to these guys on ebay :D going to experiment with various OE rear springs from other vehicles to see what fits best. will keep you all updated with my findings :D

good just use pics as substance,,,,,,,,,,,,
them ones i got on the rear are too hard, something same size but softer would be nice

ive got a collection of rear springs piled up in work ready for a dry weekend of tinkering, will be plenty of pics :D

todays findings so far

micra k11 top mount fixings have 95mm centers, corsa B top mount fixings have 110mm centers. the best option to fit them is to move the fixings on the corsa top mount, better option than slotting the strut tower in your micra in my opinion. there is plenty of room on the corsa top mount to move the lugs, they are spline fit, bang them out and either slot it 7.5mm or center punch and drill a new hole 7.5mm inwards, a quick tack with the welder and bang, wining none of this milling down spring caps etc etc. (as Frank has done above)

micra k11 rear strut overall length 610mm, strut length 320mm, visible piston length 290mm. lower strut fixing hole 12mm

polo 9n rear spring, 340mm long, 100mm wide, tapering to 80mm at ends

mk5 golf rear spring, 350mmn long, 120mm wide, tapering to 80mm at ends

toyta yaris 06 rear springs, 320mm long, 120mm wide, tapering to 90mm at ends

will do more as the day goes on, will upload pics tonight

thats exactly how i done my top mounts, but i have found that the metal centre bit inside the top mount which holds the nut tends to mount the chassis and its stays there just fine!

i think he ment what has been done with the corsa ones how nippy done it originally?

and frank did your little metal cups which sit on top before the nut mount the chassis slightly?

ah touche! as mine currently sit on top and possibly move about over bumps etc... ill get a grinder too them and make them not round i guess

ah touche! as mine currently sit on top and possibly move about over bumps etc... ill get a grinder too them and make them not round i guess

it,ll look neater if you roll the edge tbh will :grinning: i just kept turning and hammering the edge till it was like a wired lip on a model T ford wing

sorry, i was cutting and pasting from notepad where i was jotting down what i was finding as i was looking, the "(as Frank has done above)" was meant to be after "a quick tack with the welder and bang, wining" part, no reference to the milling top cups sorry.

Back