Correct way of wiring a rev counter to a '94 1.0L K11

Done some research of if it will fit yada yada.
Understand that only 1.3s have the wires for a rev counter. (afaik)
Does anyone have a diagram which tells me how to correctly wire it to the correct point on the distributor (I think)
Or if it is possible to run wires from a 1.3 to where ever it needs to on the 1.0?

Basically I'll gladly take any and all info you know on this, thank you.

What tacho have you got? is it a micra gauges with a tacho or is it an aftermarket tacho?

If it's aftermarket then there's a return from the coil to the ECU that you want to wire into the tacho.

From my wiring diagram it looks like it's light green / black. (both NATS / Non NATS)

OP
OP
benji_
What tacho have you got? is it a micra gauges with a tacho or is it an aftermarket tacho?

If it's aftermarket then there's a return from the coil to the ECU that you want to wire into the tacho.

From my wiring diagram it looks like it's light green / black. (both NATS / Non NATS)

Should of probably clarified more actually lol. Its an official Micra K11 cluster with a rev counter.
I don't think my car has a coilpack, its from 1994 and it uses a distributor.
1547027870168.png

Would be cool to see that actually working when you get it set up.
One thing that swayed me toward the k12 was that the Tempest I viewed first only had the Speedo.
Later I have been thinking that it would have been a smarter choice.
Either way its a lot more fun than a Suzuki alto

Last edited:

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
It's on the forum about a million times already, but it's the blue wire off the dizzy that's the signal for the rev counter. Have you tried them out yet to see if they work

OP
OP
benji_
It's on the forum about a million times already, but it's the blue wire off the dizzy that's the signal for the rev counter. Have you tried them out yet to see if they work
havent arrived, could you kindly link me a post you know is correct please. :)

If you're using the return from the coil to the ECU I'd mentioned previously I'd join it back into that so it still returns to the ECU, it will run OK without but it throws a code related to ignition, I think branching off is OK too, if you trace it back towards the ECU you don't have to run wires all around the engine bay.

OP
OP
benji_
If you're using the return from the coil to the ECU I'd mentioned previously I'd join it back into that so it still returns to the ECU, it will run OK without but it throws a code related to ignition, I think branching off is OK too, if you trace it back towards the ECU you don't have to run wires all around the engine bay.
I dont have a coil pack engine.