• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Corbs' K10 Blog

Corbs

Ex. Club Member
Hey all welcome to my k10 micra blog. Pics to follow tomorrow hopefully when I get a camera from uni!

Anyhoo, picked up my 1990 K10 GS on tuesday night last week for the princely sum of £300!
On the way back from Cardiff to Stafford, however, we ran into trouble. Coming off the severn bridge, we tried out the electric windows and the headlights turned off. And wouldnt come on again. luckily we were close to my parent's house so stopped there and searched for a solution, which turned out to be one headlight bulb had smashed and the switch unit itself was faulty. We managed to hotwire the switch with a sawn-off screw and some cable ties (The nissan owners best friend!).
Back in Stafford, the car wouldnt turn over the next day. So, at the weekend, me and a couple of mates decided enough was enough and all the aftermarket wiring unfortunaly had to come out. That meant alarm, central locking, electric windows, speaker cables (Not in a good way as one of the door cards was full of water!
This solved the dodgy electrics, and the alternator issue was in fact a corroded wire, easily replaced and re-soldered. So now it worked! With a new headlight switch in the post, I taxed the car today and enlisted the aid of another friend to re-wire the stereo with the wiring from my Almera (RIP), complete with sony front components (That came with the car) and my sub and amp in the back. Put the snazzy doorcards back on and thats how he stands at the moment! Overall I'm rather pleased!

BTW - We decided his name is 'Gary' due to the reg plate.

OP
OP
C

Corbs

Ex. Club Member
DSC00387.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

DSC00390.jpg

OMG THE POWAHZ!
DSC00391.jpg

OP
OP
C

Corbs

Ex. Club Member
Thanks guys, not really got any more mods planned as it is just a daily driver. Just a bit of bodywork tidying then general maintenance (Tyres and shocks to be replaced etc).
In the 4th pic you can see my N15 almera scrapyard in the foreground, the 2 gti's at the back are being combined into my fast road/track car project, and my old SRi 'nymo', closest to the camera, is being broken up. If I get hold of some K11 hubs then I might attempt the SRi brake conversion for some more stopping power!

OP
OP
C

Corbs

Ex. Club Member
Cheers mate have to say your car was a big influence!

However, much as I like the retro K10, if I had the opportunity to swap for my old K11 I would do so without hesitation, I miss the little red beastie!

OP
OP
C

Corbs

Ex. Club Member
Gotta hand this blog over to it's new owner now.. hope he has as much (If not more) fun as I did with it!

curtis

Ex. Club Member
Yes thanks Corbs!

haha i got home, and heres a few things i found!

Gear knob held on by a sweet wrapper n nuts n glue

Headlights didn't work cos there was about 3 fuses that had gone!!

so headlights now work!!

Car looks lush and im well chuffed!!!

OP
OP
C

Corbs

Ex. Club Member
You only had it two weeks, lol!

Four actually! I think... It was fun anyways. My friends were sad to see I'd sold it - they said it suited me as it was 'so uncool it was cool' or words to that effect!

Curtis - I forgot to mention the gear knob! Sorry! It came off in my hand on the way back from cardiff so we did a repair whilst moving!

curtis

Ex. Club Member
lol it did make me laugh!

Also corbs another question.....what happened to the wiring for radio/cd player?? i think ill redo it all, looks like there isn't an adaptor for it??

OP
OP
C

Corbs

Ex. Club Member
Hmm, how do you mean? I had it all redone to fit my pioneer HU but that gave up the ghost a few weeks back so I removed it. I left the connector blocks in there though. I think the wiring for the door speakers is still there also, but the speakers that came with the car were damaged (Kind of my fault). The only bits I undid were the earths in the boot and the unplugged the sub/amp.

curtis

Ex. Club Member
nah ill start again in my blog! lol

ok corbs well i've cut it all off and rewired it all, my cdplayer is in and all is good!!