copper core ht leads i need help !!!!

Right in tryin to copy EBB Dudes micro micra project,
i have bought the copper core ht leads but in struggling to find the bit that go from,the lead to the spark plug and dizzy cap does any no where to get them from ?
ive also seen some one on here that took their old leads apart and reused all the bits any 1 got a step by step on how to do it as i don't want to brake them and run on 3 cylinders

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
get some gasket sealer
warm up the rubber parts nicely,,,,,pull them off
spark plug section have 2 tabs that need pushing in slightly at the top. you can just about see them. the wire then pulls out the top with conector.
undo all conectors to reuse with copper leads, no point soldering just get a nice contact
gasket sealer back up like original,gasket sealer cures faster than normal silicone

get some gasket sealer
spark plug section have 2 tabs that need pushing in slightly at the top. you can just about see them. the wire then pulls out the top with conector.
undo all conectors to reuse with copper leads, no point soldering just get a nice contact
gasket sealer back up like original,gasket sealer cures faster than normal silicone
awsome stuff cheers mate

get some gasket sealer
in strugglin with the 2 tabs on the spark plug side what did u use to push them in ? And in strugglin to see them any,tips ?

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
Spark plug side but at the other tip.not where the spark plug pushes in.
I folded some metal round a screw driver to get the right shape to push down and wiggle.
Dont worry if a little plastic breaks off.as long as it doesnt let the spark out elsewhere

Spark plug side but at the other tip.not where the spark plug pushes in.
I folded some metal round a screw driver to get the right shape to push down and wiggle.
Dont worry if a little plastic breaks off.as long as it doesnt let the spark out elsewhere
did u wreck the old ht leads when u took yours out ?

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
you changing the lead though right? for copper core.

yeh i got at the 2 tabs a little then pulled on the lead while doing that. spark plug clip end pulled up and out

Yeaa ,, but i couldn't get to those clips no matter what i tried so i ended up cuttin all the plastic off to get it out then used some garden hose to isolate it and it works mint thank fully
cheers for all your help and advice tho mate much appreciated

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
cant remember,unless i pull one and check.
might be worth a look as its been a while .more than 1mm if i recall :)

My plugs are going to be on order t morrow
h701micra in,not saying your Rong butt ebb dude opened them up to 2mm gap on a standard 1.0 engine and prooved to have gains

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Larger spark gap gives better ignition so I can see why. Providing its capable
But if your going by the book thats your figure :)

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Wanna go for an uprated coil if you're gunna be upping gap and fueling, or you're gunna have a weedy spark eh.

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
I dunno what volts micra coil puts out, 20kv isn't really enough for performance work though the triumph lot found, 35kv is more than adaquate though.

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Not really unless you've had other work done. A standard coil will run a standard engine just fine. Extended spark gap without sufficient back up ie uprated coil gives you a weaker spark :)

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
probably not for a N/A engine, but it's nice as you can increase the spark gap and get a more reliable burn, and easier starting during the very rich choke out stage.