• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Coolant reservoir replacement k11? Also safety belt replacements

funky2nite

Ex. Club Member
Current reservoir on a '95k11 1.0L is totally perished. Some pressure withthe thumb on top, woild go through it. Went to breakers but told me theirs are in the same state, basically seems like that the plastic just expired. So was thinking what did you guys do for replacing it?

Seen on yutube a redneck guy, using a thick plastic soda bottle with the pipes coming out the top, im sure it would work, but go figure explaining that to MOT guy.

Also purchased used replacement fromt safety belts from a facelift but they simply didn't match up. Should one want to replace them with new ones, how would yiu find replacement? As generics wouldn't match up the bolt hole, right?

Am not gonna let my k11 down by it failing MOT on these trivialities.

Cheers everyone,

One

OP
OP
funky2nite

funky2nite

Ex. Club Member
New belt from scrappers, so am right to think that we cant get new generics, we'll just have to go through used/sticky ones?

Aftermarket replacement for k11? That would be awesome, never found one.

I've seen a video where the guy used laundry liquid a scrubbing brush and a bucket to clean his seat belts so they would roll back easier. I tried it on my van, an improvement but not dramatic, for the cost it would be worth a try.

Seat belt webbing gets stiff with dirt build up that makes retraction tardy, therefore annual wash cleaning on an old banger avoids this problem?

Clean my belts in position with a bucket, scrubbing brush, & laundry detergent plus fabric softener.

Using a wet & dry vacuum to suck up the water & dirt improves effectiveness & speeds up the drying process.

No more retraction issues.

Jobs a goodun. :)