converting manual wing mirror to electric mirrors

hi , as above is this possible . is the wiring harness already there just needing to hook up ,

I have seen 2 electric wing mirrors and and control switch on e bay .

I know some car manufactuers have all the wiring there , just don't know if Nissan do .

its a micra k12

thanks

Although not always, Nissan do tend to have the same looms across the spec ranges...

I had a K10 LS (no O/S door/wing mirror) but the gaps/holes were there for me to fit adjustable pair of mirrors from a higher spec

alot of peeps with K11's swap their standard parcel shelves for one with the speakers...and the wires are hidden happily behind that rear trim ^_^

just a couple of weeks ago Ryanthelion22 swapped out the standard mirror trim (interior) on his K12 for one (like mine) with the tweeters (little speakers) the loom for that was present too
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/adding-nissan-tweeter-speakers-to-standard-4-speaker-system.56886

I'd assume you'd have the gap/removable/blank panel to fit the switch into?... above and to the right of the fuse panel (RHD/UK/jpn/Aus model)

I'm sure it should be do-able ^_^

I can see this topic is really old. Not sure if anyone is still interested in 2022, but I thought I would share my own experience.

I have the most standard version of the k12 micra, 2005 visia fit model, no ac, no front foglights, no keyless, no heated seats, and I could go on for a long time.
This car has been in my family since it was brand new, I don't think I will ever sell it. So it became a habbit of mine to upgrade stock parts into my basic little micra.

So far everything had been "pre-wired" from the factory. Fogliths, Foglights switch, Multifunctional steering wheel, tweeters for the front doors, "central screen" above the radio.
So I went ahead and bought a pair of heated electric aspheric mirrors plus the switch for it.

It is "pre-wired" sort of, but not completely.

When I popped out the stock plate where the mirror adjusting swtich goes, I was really happy to see the plug for the switch there. It plugged in nice, but when I took off the door card, I had to realize that the wiring harness for the door itself didn't come with the electric mirrors corresponding plugs.

This is where I stand currently. I am pretty sure, that in the next weeks I will wire it in myself, because there is a big connector with empty pins near the door hinges, under the carpet. I just need to find some wiring diagrams for it. (If anyone here is in possession of a wiring diagram for any of this, please contact me, or better, comment here)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

I can see this topic is really old. Not sure if anyone is still interested in 2022, but I thought I would share my own experience.

I have the most standard version of the k12 micra, 2005 visia fit model, no ac, no front foglights, no keyless, no heated seats, and I could go on for a long time.
This car has been in my family since it was brand new, I don't think I will ever sell it. So it became a habbit of mine to upgrade stock parts into my basic little micra.

So far everything had been "pre-wired" from the factory. Fogliths, Foglights switch, Multifunctional steering wheel, tweeters for the front doors, "central screen" above the radio.
So I went ahead and bought a pair of heated electric aspheric mirrors plus the switch for it.

It is "pre-wired" sort of, but not completely.

When I popped out the stock plate where the mirror adjusting swtich goes, I was really happy to see the plug for the switch there. It plugged in nice, but when I took off the door card, I had to realize that the wiring harness for the door itself didn't come with the electric mirrors corresponding plugs.

This is where I stand currently. I am pretty sure, that in the next weeks I will wire it in myself, because there is a big connector with empty pins near the door hinges, under the carpet. I just need to find some wiring diagrams for it. (If anyone here is in possession of a wiring diagram for any of this, please contact me, or better, comment here)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Well I am trying to figure this out the looms are different... if you have base model then the door looms will not bear able to upgrade.

some looms have the switch part for the mirrors, but most don't.

24125AX676.

has the right socket, but I'm.not sure if would run through to the switch.

in terms of layouts/. schemas, if you google the part code... and find amayama site it will tell show you what spec the loom is compatible with. presumably SPORT, Elegance would all have the electric mirrors.

Also if you put in your vin then it will show you all the parts for your car with the schemas.

I'd be ready to buy the loom but then taking the door off to switch is seems like a mammoth task!

Best of luck,
Raj
Screenshot 2023-11-19 at 21.07.16.png

Back