Controversial engine swap

Ok then so I'm looking at doing a engine swap in my k11 and I don't really want to go down the sr20 route I was thinking about possibly using a b16 or b18 motor from a honda so still keeping it japanese has anyone done this before or have any advice or possibly better engine swap ideas

jamieccc

Ex. Club Member
Good luck with that one. Would be good to see vtec in a micra. Would have to be custom everything from mounts to shafts to interior dials

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
shentyt
Yh I understand were your coming from but the car is off the road over the next 6 months and I have the money to do it so i thought why not but a crazy motor in it

jamieccc

Ex. Club Member
How much for a donor car? Or engine? It would help if you could weld. Or are you getting a company to do it?

OP
OP
shentyt
I've found a b18 motor for 1600 quid that comes pre tuned and with the loom and everything I would need and I'm going to do the work myself :) then get it all to run right then possibly turbo it

OP
OP
shentyt
This is the motor I think I'm going to buy

Attachments

• 1448201323878.jpg
    1448201323878.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 8,875

jamieccc

Ex. Club Member
I would start off small first then build it up to being turbo'd. Only reason i say this is because i e started 2 k10 cg13de projects now and both have been scrapped. I put it down to thinkjng to far ahead

OP
OP
shentyt
Well I'll start a feed on here as soo as the build starts and custom parts are been made and fitted so you and anyone can take a look :)

OP
OP
shentyt
Not a clue yet I'm going to find a honda tuner and see if they could shorten the honda drive shafts it's all going to trial and error but it'll definitely get done

OP
OP
shentyt
Spoke to some people about making my drive shafts and other bits and pieces also getting a custom carbon fibre interior made including the dash gear shift surround and loads of other parts

jamieccc

Ex. Club Member
Where are you based? What about speaking to fusion motorsport see if they can do anything?

The SR20DE engine is nice. 148bhp is enough in a Micra surely.
I don't know how hard it is to fit in a Micra but that would be my choice.

On a side note, I was at JAE way back in 2005-ish I think it was and this mini pulled up on the Honda Revolutions stand I was part of. Then he opened his bonnet to reveal an Integra Type R DC2 engine with 187bhp. Bet that flew!

OP
OP
shentyt
Well the motor I have in mind is a 200 bhp motor standard then can be turbo'd if feeling totally crazy or have a death wish

Then you will need to uprate the suspension and brakes and also strengthen the chassis to cope otherwise you'll torque steer all over the road and that could be dangerous plus you'd have all that power you couldn't really put to use.

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Then you will need to uprate the suspension and brakes and also strengthen the chassis to cope otherwise you'll torque steer all over the road and that could be dangerous plus you'd have all that power you couldn't really put to use.

Yeah........lane changing is quite easily achieved :rolleyes:

Have you looked at sr20ve swaps??? Its like nissans vtec. Incredible motor!!! And once turbo'd you'll be looking at 250kw at the wheels. But the b18 would be rad.

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

OP
OP
shentyt
I haven't no I was thinking of going the sr20 route but wanted something different and would make the car more unique and I'm a big fan on the Sound of a honda motor

The SR20DE engine is nice. 148bhp is enough in a Micra surely.
I don't know how hard it is to fit in a Micra but that would be my choice.

On a side note, I was at JAE way back in 2005-ish I think it was and this mini pulled up on the Honda Revolutions stand I was part of. Then he opened his bonnet to reveal an Integra Type R DC2 engine with 187bhp. Bet that flew!
Anyone ever tried the SR18? I figure it would fit perfect given mounts are same , it less power the n a SR20 , so the whole snapping chassis et. Shouldn’t be to much of an issue. Sr18 with some headers , cold air intake and strut bar for looks . Any takers? Been thinking about it

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Manage to pick up a pristine 1994 Nissan march impul blast super S , wanted to see what the odds of getting a Sr18
Sadly, over the last few years my daughter has scrapped two Primera P12's (major electrical/electronic problems) and both had really good SR18 engines/gearboxes in them..... :(

Sadly, over the last few years my daughter has scrapped two Primera P12's (major electrical/electronic problems) and both had really good SR18 engines/gearboxes in them..... :(
Yeah I saw one up for sale for cheap tbh (40$ usd ? but that’s not including shipping..I think included would be 1500.) not sure on car I think it was Gloria or something like that ??‍♂️ Just know it’s a SR18 and thought to myself I wonder if anyone has done a SR18 march/ micra swap. Never seen or heard / read about anything of that nature . It’s usually SR20s, KAs , or GA16s but never a SR18 I think I want to try it. Just trying to figure out how to start per se . Bc google ain’t helping nor is anything I’ve come across. The search for the info continues. Pls link me if you find some useful information. Thx ??