Connecting mp3 player on K12 stock radio

I have a problem. Yesterday i tried to connect my mp3 player to my micra K12(2003) original radio (Blaupunkt with cd) .
Well i bought the mini iso blue connector and made something like this.
mini iso adapter ebay
According to this pinout i connected wires and it should be ok.
Pinout
I connected it on my radio , but it isn't working. When i press source button i can get CD or RADIO, there is no third input like aux or cd changer.
I was wondering if someone has done this ?
On some other forum i have read that you have to short-circuit 2 pins on this connector, so radio could "know" something is connected on this input.
They also say that on some models of radios you have to enable this input through the menu but i haven't found it on my radio.
My biggest concern is that this model do not have firmware that support cd-changer or other input.

Greetings from Croatia, sorry for bad English

I know this is an old post but I have been trying to do the same thing. I some posts i noticed that the blue aux wire is not supported on factory fitted radios but i have not heard about these work arounds.

It would be great if there was one. Where did you read about the shorting wires and the menu options?

Thanks

Dave.

Dave,

I see you've got an Urbis, like myself.

It's easier just to swap the head unit out, JVC units screw into the exact same space and look spot on, there's even steering control interfaces to make the steering controls work.

I've got a JVC KD-R601 and 12 disc changer in mine and it's perfect.

Dave,

I see you've got an Urbis, like myself.

It's easier just to swap the head unit out, JVC units screw into the exact same space and look spot on, there's even steering control interfaces to make the steering controls work.

I've got a JVC KD-R601 and 12 disc changer in mine and it's perfect.

oh thats a great relief it all works fine. does your on board computer button on the stalk controls still work?

also where did you buy your bits from?

the model i was looking at is http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-sony-cdx-gt530ui_p-24117.htm or http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-jvc-kd-r601_p-23773.htm.

thanks urbis,

dave.

Hi Dave,

Yes, the trip computer still works great through the steering interface.

Having had a Sony, I'd certainly recommend a JVC for the Micra.

The Sony doesn't have threaded holes in the side of the stereo to screw into the cage, this makes installation much more awkward.

I've got that particular JVC and it is great for the Micra.

If you want to see what it looks like, I can take a pic of mine?

If you need any help fitting it, I can talk you through that too.

Forgot to say, bought my stuff from Halfords.

Hi thanks for getting back to me. I was looking at getting it with halfords. The fitting on the JVC is £10 so i was going to let them do it to save the hassle.

A pic of yours would be great if you have time.

Dave.

I'm not so sure I'd trust Halfords fitting mine...

It's only a 10 min job when you're started, I can give you step by step info.

Send me your email address and I'll send the pic over.

Back