Cone air filter on my micra is it a good idea????

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
e5ysuguh.jpg

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Near rev limit it sound like a turbo spooling up lol but no extreme noises or power lol.

Well if I go to 40mph in 2nd the car vibrates cause of the noise I'll try and take a vid tomorrow to show you the noise and how loud it is. Wat year and model is your micra dude??

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
1996 p reg Micra sr
And
1998 s reg Micra cabriolet

Both have cone filters and no issues

Magpie42

Actual Magpie.
I have a stupid filter on mine just so it goes braaaap... that's the only reason...braaaapage. If I want fast+braaaapage, I take the bike...

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Got mine for comedy value tbh.

Sr20 will be my toy.

My sr20det Micra always put smile on my face. There was never a time I got out feeling the adrenaline! :)

Something every lad does which sounds super "sick" but has no benefit. Most likely a negative impact.

LOL
Hi if it doesn't make any difference to the performance why do touring/ralley/tuned cars change there's and not use the standered set up I shouldn't think it's for the noise I've got a KnN induction kit on mine and it's a lot better throttle response than my sisters standered k11 better not buy a humphreys one then at £251 to do absolutly fxxk all;)

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Hi if it doesn't make any difference to the performance why do touring/ralley/tuned cars change there's and not use the standered set up

You're missing the point.

Touring Car companies spend numerous amounts of cash on developing a bespoke air intake system to suit their cars.

They aren't nipping into Halfords for a Ripspeed cone filter.

I've got a KnN induction kit on mine and it's a lot better throttle response than my sisters standered k11 better not buy a humphreys one then at £251 to do absolutly fxxk all;)

Most likely a placebo or another factor. Many things can affect throttle response.

Also, the Matt Humphris one has proven gains and is desgined specifically for a Micra.

I don't know why you're questioning me. These threads go round and round and round with similar conclusions.

Posted these before.... Back to back tests

POD Filters Mythbusted:

Cold Air Intakes Mythbusted:

I personally like the induction noise but I find myself putting my foot down more.

I now have ITB's and they are crazy loud so now I find myself driving very sensible most of the time to stop my ears from bleeding.

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
You could sue them but you wouldn't get far because it doesn't say what other components they use to gain these powers or air flow rate through the filter, how many or how the positioned there cold air feeds or whether there tested engine was being mapped. I thought they stated up to amounts? And those gains were not car specific. The only benefit I see is easier access around the top of the engine.

You want real induction gains without itb your only option is Humphris induction. Tested on mine and worth every penny.

Thanks for your time let's move on :)