Concorde Flies Again

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Pretty cool! I'd love a remote control plane but i'd probably be crap at flying it

OP
OP
scottish-sr

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
Theres one of a model Airbus A380 aswell.

Just been watching some vids of Concorde on Youtube. An amazing piece of technology. Such a shame it was taken out of commision, should never have happened. Plus it sounds great.

OP
OP
scottish-sr

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
Pretty cool! I'd love a remote control plane but i'd probably be crap at flying it

Arnold flying a plane is great fun, done it before. If you get a trainer plane, usually around £300 new it's a good place to start.

Then just find a club, join up go along, the experienced flyers will help you. There is a lead you can plug into either controller, kind of like dual controls. You fly the plane, but if something goes wrong, the experienced flyer can override your controls.

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
wicked! a mate of mine in the mr2 club has some of these planes they are very cool and some of the expensive ones have some very sophisticated jet engines powering them :)looks like fun :)

Ems

Ex. Club Member
They're not easy to fly tho!!! It's so easy to make a false move and thats it!!! My brother built his first, and theres a club near by, but he never had the balls to fly it lol. He now has 2 planes and a helicopter just sitting in his house lol!!

stonesie

Grease Monkey!
Agreed, planes are not that easy to fly but i managed it:upside:

Getting back into it in the new year, fancy a crack at a fun fly... theyre not fun though flying at walking pace close to the ground.

Random Concorde fact... in all the time Concorde was in service the RAF didn't have a Interceptor that could catch it... It cruised at Mach 2 with the burners off:slm:

Antony

Ex. Club Member
on the aniversary of the humber bridge completion they flew concorde over the humber with the red arrows in tow....... after it flew over... it put its after burners on and the red arrows couldnt keep up...it just dissapeared..........awesome.

only one plane could catch concorde...... and that is the SR-71 Blackbird...... and that couldnt carry 100 passengers serving chamaigne...lol