Competition Helmets

Hi guys looking to invest in a new skid lid & was wondering if anyone has any personal preferance?

Ideally im looking SA2010 standard, use a Bell Ultra full face at the moment (bit snug), anyone with experience of RRS / V2 sport etc?

Not looking to blow the bank but it is my head after all :)

Edit:( my bad typing

Personal preferences don't mean owt.

You need to try them on and buy what fits your head shape.

V2 Sports are good for the money, the Pro comes up small and if you've got an Arai/Shoei shaped head you won't fit in one. The Elite is a more 'standard' fitting.

Oh one more thing, there's no such thing as SA2012 so don't buy anything with that on because it will be fake. The current/most recent Snells are SA2010 & SAH2010.

Personal preferences don't mean owt.

You need to try them on and buy what fits your head shape.

V2 Sports are good for the money, the Pro comes up small and if you've got an Arai/Shoei shaped head you won't fit in one. The Elite is a more 'standard' fitting.

Oh one more thing, there's no such thing as SA2012 so don't buy anything with that on because it will be fake. The current/most recent Snells are SA2010 & SAH2010.

Doh sorry i meant to write 2010 not quite sure what i was thinking!

Thanks for the reply, i might have to wait until the next time i am in England (on the isle of man at the minute) so connot try before i buy unfortunately

I use a peltor helmet ..... its amazing and comfy just a slight pressure point on my forehead after a few hours wear .... im thinking about going hans tho as its becoming mandatory so may aswell get it sorted before they go up in price :)

I use a peltor helmet ..... its amazing and comfy just a slight pressure point on my forehead after a few hours wear .... im thinking about going hans tho as its becoming mandatory so may aswell get it sorted before they go up in price :)

I was quite tempted by this deal as it seems good value! The same with Hillclimbing / sprinting in europe now requires HANS so might be best to get in there first.. (as well as the benifits on your neck in a crash) :)

http://www.jjcraceandrally.com/race...met-2010-and-stand-21-club-series-hans-device

Looks a very good deal that!!! Just be careful and check when or if the snell2010 certification is approved and if it is .... are they planning on keeping it approved or if there gonna stop it being used for msa use!

Looks a very good deal that!!! Just be careful and check when or if the snell2010 certification is approved and if it is .... are they planning on keeping it approved or if there gonna stop it being used for msa use!

Just had a flick through the BlueBook and Snell -SA2010 is the one of the newest levels (Snell -SA2000 might be withdrawn from 2015) so looks to be a good deal :)

Back