• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

colt czt

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
short story into the purchase of this...

well the primera didn't last long, it was knocking and me and my friends or garages couldn't work out where the noise was coming from, it got worse and started banging :unsure:

i brought a timing chain kit for it (as it sounded like chain rattle), started to strip it down, the engine cradle bolts captive nut broke and spun, wasn't a good start, i decided to use the hose pipe trick, and it was deffo road knock from the bottem end!

so i was stuck with either fix or cut my losses.

so last sunday i went on autotrader and saw a colt czt 5miles away at a dealer, went to have a look and a test drive.... ended up leaving a deposit :wub:

1.5 turbo for those who don't know.

06 plate, 30thousand miles, interior is like new, outside is aswell. drove like a brand new car! had them put 12months test onit aswell, got ABS, AC, TCS, leccy windows. 16inch alloys... i have to go and pick it up tomorrow :)

398110_10200282892933710_1481877537_n_zps35a552cc.jpg

537337_10200282893173716_856667221_n_zpsd34d4196.jpg

i few choice mods i think i will be doing, but have to be specific parts otherwise the car will go into limp mode. so exhaust, filter... tints and wind deflectors keep it oem and stealth.

dan

james, yes i bet i have ;) lol

cheers chris, i love it. its almost a good all rounder... just lacks boot space. but i dont need that anyway :p

did the common 666 mod for the czt the other day... has made a noticeable diffrance. seems to go pull more strongly on boost.

aprrently coupled with an ITG panel filter it can make upto 15>30bhp increase...also that apprently dyno proven but meh. all i know it feels faster. so happy with that... nothing like free power :)

booked it in for some rear window tints, will get those done sunday.

then wind deflectors and ITG panel filter next!

Nice, I give it 6 months before it's sold and another thread's started for something else :p

i brought these today :)
P1010156_zps6e8ac579.jpg

dare st wheels. 17's. tyres are 215/40 tho they looked very close to the front arch liners when on lock! so i might have to get smaller tyres? they need 2 tyres on anyway, they are just legal so not gonna fit until i sort some tyres.

and heres my cheapo boost gauge (will get a decent one)
P1010155_zps754a3acf.jpg

dan

ok, so i got my pre-cat de-cat fitted, i haven't drove it yet, so i don't know what it will be like lol. apprently the turbo will spool faster, i should hope so for 120quid! lol

managed to get a (rare, because they always fall off!) standard splitter as mine was missing when i brought the car :(

threw a pic of my black rocker cover & new k&n in there aswell lol.

fitted my 3.5" backbox today, so its now got no cats and a backbox :) still have the centre silencer in tho.
sounds amazing! pops abit when I let off, and bangs when I hit the limiter. sounds nice and deep, abit like an evo tbh.
down side tho, I fitted it and angles left to the centre of the car slightly, so I have cut the tip at an angle so it looks straight.

cheers mate :)

had it dyno'd yesterday..

it made 166bhp on the 1st run @ 119mph and 197 of torque

and 167bhp on the 2nd run @ 120mph and 197 of torque agian.

so thats 20bhp over the standard 147bhp!

torque was a little low over others with simlair mods (they was gettng 200-220) i still have the standard mid pipe of my exhaust fitted so it could've been that.

dan

painted calipers, and cleaned the inside's of my wheels.

the little things lol.

also having a custom backbox made now as the janspeed pipe work is to small.

had a straight pipe rear section made up..

its insanely loud :wacko:

it was funny for about 2days now its juts annoying, so gonna fit a 4" jap backbox.

swapped my straight pipe for a full 2.25inch stainless 1st cat back janspeed system.

centre box and backbox on this, sounds so much nicer, standard at low revs, but deep and higher revs with a nice noise. dare i say feels fast, but i have no proof yet ;)

these go for £375ish new.

ok, i took my car to USC @ santapod, i took it down the strip.

i removed my back seats & spare wheel inc tool kit.

my best was 14.4, and i ran 14.5's all day long. i had the pill out but i was only getting 10psi not the 16psi as it sometimes does. i did a few runs with it boosting at 16psi & i was running 14.7's so no boost spike does make it faster!

so because of the above ^ i have re-fitted my boost pill, so i'am now getting 8/9psi, so much better without spike IMO.

really happy with the times saying its 170bhp, although a new dyno run is needed i think to prove what power its making with my new exhaust.

Back