colour me in

Ive never been a one for asthetics but I guess It gets us all:

I have a 1985 datsun body micra fitted with a bodykit... It used to belong to ems (for anyone who may remember0...

the paintwork is failing, the front splitter is smashed (now repaired) and there are some small minor rust patches to repair..

it is currently silver and although I hate silver cars (generally) I do like the way the metallic silver catches and contrasts all of the datsun+ bodykit lines.....

so Im gonna have a blank canvas after all the repair and prep work is done...and Ive been considering a new colour.

So far Ive had whims of:

Metallic black
black
white
metallic (MG style) blue
crimson (mercedes)
Same metallic silver
dark graphite silver

what do you guys think??

help me out..this will be a full car respray and Im struggling

thecar has 13" silver alloy wheels and large tractor tyres at the mo..I am UNLIKELY to buy new wheels to replace these but I would be happy to go to steelies (I can over paint these or slap trims on )

Help me

cheers

any other sugestions would be much appreciated

black
white
metallic (MG style) blue

this sound good to me ;)...blue would look awsome with the kit you have! altough gloss black would be cool as its cheaper as its non mettalic...

I'd quite like to see pics of the silver bullet. It was a nice car.

Silver is a nice colour too, especially as it's not all that common amonst k10's i dont think.

I cant for the life of me get anything neer the blue or crimson, or gloss black with this photo edit thingy but here's an amature attempt at the others....:
Original silver, then graphite, then metalic black, then white

Attachments

• 100_4155org.jpg
    100_4155org.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 311
  • 100_4155graphite.jpg
    100_4155graphite.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 270
  • 100_4155metblack.jpg
    100_4155metblack.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 258
  • 100_4155white.jpg
    100_4155white.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 254
The MG blue is a lot like the Nissan intense blue for the k11, but dont think it suits the k10.

Also dont think the sr alloys suit the k10, but thats just me sorry :wasntme:

LOL! It's better burnt out in a ditch than looking like that :p

And there's not that many silver K10's about. I only ever seem to see red ones anymore. Original datsun, tidy the kit up and a fresh coat of it's original colour and it'l look amazing

Over the weekend I 'viewed' some paints:

At subaru dealership I was greeted with a combo of friendly sales guy and agressive salesguy duo....the fiendly sales guy was helpfull enough to name my shade of interest as sleele silver and seemed praised that I was considering using a subaru colour on a nissan. WHen I asked if they had a note of teh paint code...aggreesive sales guy jumped in and spouted that "I could only get that colour paint from subaru"....HAHAHAH...and agressive salesguy was also kind enough to educate me that respraying a 1985 datsun would be "more than the car is worth"...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA....what a knob-shiner!...thanks for your input mate:) funny stuff

I also went to BMW dealer to check out their 'sparkling graphite' paint...in sunny daylight at the weekend....it was gloss ofcourse but the 3 series didnt have anything like the edges and angles that the K10 has......with the curvy BMW I honestly was a bit dissapointed after staring at it and walking around it for 20 mins...I think the problem is that I got my hopes up foir something awesome....dont get me wrong it was tidy, but there was something missing....gutted

However :) on the way back home (driving) I noticed how much all the white cars stood out from all the greys and silvers......even the metallic blues and reds seemed to blend in with the rest of the mush against the grey asphalt...... have a look when you're next out.....(dont get too distracted though...safety first)

Its looking more and more like white is the way i will sway (whoa....rymes)

If you go for white check out Suzuki's colours. They have a nice white that really stands out, has a little blue through it I think. I was thinking of going for that when I get the ST resprayed.

Back