Colour coding number plate cover

Has anyone any pictures of there k11 with a colour coded rear number plate cover for the lights? Going for colour coded s spoiler and this i think it will look well , car is bs9 turquoise blue, what do yous think? Also can i debadge the rear or does the badge leave holes in the body?
IMG00922-20121213-1344.jpg

OP
OP
Finto_GX
Do you know if the badge is just stuck on? Yeah it will be alot cleaner looking! Im going to remove my dent stciker too:rolleyes:

If its like the front badge it's stuck on and has two locating prongs on it so it will leave two little holes you would have to fill or put grommets in :)

OP
OP
Finto_GX
I have cut the front grill out like a nismo styled one:D So the rear will just peel off with a bit of heat and thinners to remove the excess glue?

solarice

Ex. Club Member
Yeah was gonna say the rear badge on mine had two pins aswell.

Not blue but mine in white (pretty much everything colour coded) :)

Rear end was still a bit high in that pic. :D

IMG_2941_zps8ca236c3.jpg

OP
OP
Finto_GX
ill have to see how the covers turns out to see if i will do rubstrips,door handles and wing mirrors
de stickered the rear today
from this
P1110136.jpg

to this
P1110145.jpg

P1110146.jpg

P1110147.jpg

P1110150.jpg

solarice

Ex. Club Member
Yeah whites a lot easier to spray than metallic, but so long as its all prepped properly you shouldn't have any issues with any of it sticking. :)

All the plastics on mine were acid etched primered just to make sure. :)

OP
OP
Finto_GX
As a matter of interest how does it come off? Removed the rubstrips today , just waiting on my toffee wheel off ebay:)
So plastic prime ,base,clear?:cool:

solarice

Ex. Club Member
The rear boot handle yeah?

You just need to remove the access panel inside the boot (big metal panel held on with plastic screw clips - the screws are probably the hardest bit to remove haha.) once you're inside then its a few nuts (10mm iirc) to undo and it comes away.

Maybe 10 mins to do.

solarice

Ex. Club Member
Forgot to mention theres also the loom to unplug for the two numberplate lights and a couple of self tapping screws to remove those.