Coilpack remapped ECU, engine light on?

Hi, so I put the Tornado systems remapped ECU in, extremely happy with the results, will detail it in my blog and YouTube channel when I have more time in a few days.

But for now, there's just one issue.

I have the 2 following engine codes:
P0137 - O2 SENSOR
P0420 - CAT EFFICIENCY

I had explained to Tornado systems that my engine light was on previously due to it being decatted, and that the only way around this was to use a lambda extender on the second lambda, which is what I had been running for the last couple of months without the engine light being on. Is it now a case that I have to remove the lambda extender because the new remapped ECU 'knows' the car is decatted?

Also I have aN ebay code reader which is what I always use to read the fault codes. I was always able to erase codes on my old ECU with this ebay code reader, but the code reader now simply throws an error message when I ask it to erase fault codes on this remapped ECU.

Thanks for any help.

Every mot station can check co2 and that’s prolly a lot cheaper

so I’ll get the AFR checked due to the fault codes.

But upon driving the car, I’ve realised that the feeling of running lean in the high rpm is just due to the powerband of my cams - I feel like the car just makes lots of noise but not much actual acceleration from 7500rpm onwards to redline at 8000rpm, but I guess this is perfectly expected as the camshaft I’m using has a powerband of 2500-7500rpm.

so now it’s just a question of whether I leave the lambda extender screwed in or not, I guess the AFR will reveal the answer to that as I’ll get the AFR measured with and without the lambda extender to see which setup is closer to stoich.

Back