Coilpack gearbox ??

hi peeps. Question is this ..... I've got a 1300 dizzy engine and want to fit a 1litre coilpack gearbox , purely for racing.
I appreciate that the flywheel is different but if I was to use the flywheel, clutch , pressure plate would I be able to use it ???
Also if it can be used then could the flywheel be skimmed to take away the excess and just leave the starter ring
Many thanks for any input ;)

Yea I've got the drive shafts. Basically Ive taken the 1litre coilpack engine out and want to replace it with a 1300 dizzy engine. Problem is the weight of the flywheel. I've done a bit of work to the 1.3 ( 1litre pistons , skimmed head , lairy cams etc ) and usually run a lightened flywheel and don't want to loose any gains through running the heavier fly.

What sorta racing you do, obviously 1.0 box gives slightly smaller ratios than the 1.3 but can always run a lightened flywheel, personaly when ive raced other micras the 1.0 box hasnt been anydifferent than my 1.4 box, notice it high end 5th gear when they are up at the liniter and i have plenty left

Sent from my SM-G935F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

My lad races bangers so top end isn't used it's basically 1st and 2nd lol. Can the coilpack fly be lightened i.e. Get rid of the sensor ring and associated bulk

As long as you use the cg10 driveshafts along with the box i cant see an issue, the 1.0 fly is 2kg lighter than the cg13? If i remember correctly, not sure about how to lighten it more, i know people skim them but that does weaken them,

If you go on the micra sports club facebook group you will get quicker answers, i use the forum for threads on builds not questions

Sent from my SM-G935F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

frank

Club Member
i think only the pre-face 1.0 have different shafts westy, and wont you be revving out in 2nd with a 1.0 g/box ?

I think you're probably correct sir regards the shafts ay. I don't know what difference using the 1litre box actually makes regards gearing but because we want to use the rebuilt engine then maybe a 1300 box would be a benefit with the gearing being a little longer which would leave the engine " on cam " longer would you think ?
As always Thanks for all the input guys ;):)

frank

Club Member
most of the oval and grass guys tend to look for a higher 2nd gear to stop them revving out, depends on the track i guess :)
there are a few threads asking about the high ratio 4 speed k10 box iirc (3.65 ?)

Been using the 1 litre box for some time now and to be fair never really had a problem reving out ay. We are going to try the coilpack box ( there are a few benefits besides gearing lol ) and see how we get on. Will be nice to get the rebuilt lump in and fired up and see how she runs.