Coilovers

PartsImage_0829a1d1-b556-405d-b51b-e44b72a55a10.jpg

i havent bought them, they are on ebay didnt want to chance it, can have the link if anybodys interested,and polo...coilovers fit? ill have to look into that

Yes, I ran 6n2 coilovers front and rear for about 20mins (my rears were seized) and Chris Huzzey on here is still using the fronts :)

Yeah, but being siezed (second hand) I removed the rears and fitted corsa rears instead. The fronts were fine but need WAY more modding than corsa fronts which I prefer...

seem to have hit abit of a roadblock here,i want coilovers, but they sound bad now
quality coilies like polly,s are good, but he runs them on the fully soft damper setting for daily driving iirc (a bit pointless unless you do trackdays imo)
the ebay ones tend to have a spine-jarring (non-adjustable) damper spec, and coilies tend to be high maintenance :)

Cheap coilovers are designed for slammage only, so silly hard springs to stop you bottoming out on the lowest ride height :)

i know they,re not load bearing andy, but its the damper that jars your spine on the corsa coilies, not the spring
At 900+ lb/in I'd say its the springs :p
Nothing to dampen if they don't move eh. I could remove the compression shims and it'd react the same :)

Dont see how corsa ones are any different to any other coilover? :/

At 900+ lb/in I'd say its the springs :p
Nothing to dampen if they don't move eh. I could remove the compression shims and it'd react the same :)

Dont see how corsa ones are any different to any other coilover? :/
nah, its the reason why polly runs his coilies with the dampers set to fully soft when daily driving, and fully hard on trackdays (same springs each time) ;)

My coilies were rock hard, ride is beautiful now I have softer springs if that counts for anything, shocks could do with being a tad stiffer if anything...

nah, its the reason why polly runs his coilies with the dampers set to fully soft when daily driving, and fully hard on trackdays (same springs each time) ;)
Banging head against wall here... this is why I love suspension. Its so misunderstood

Polly has a mild spring set for a start which is why his are alot nicer (not 900lb/in) coupled with a limited damper range for those springs so even at full hard aren't "spine jarring" they don't increase the stiffness of his ride they slow down the springs reaction making it seem firmer. So weight transfer is slower coupled with anti roll bars gives the firm flat sensation when in reality its been over dampened. No doubt approx 4 clicks backed off full stiff will be best. Or an increase of spring rates

Anyway back to the point we're actually talking about put the same springs (280-300lb) on a corsa coilover they'll be fine. As @Enuo has discovered just recently with correctly rated springs. 900+ lb/in is what causes them to be so vicious... not the damping rate. Fact!

Last edited:
Banging head against wall here... this is why I love suspension. Its so misunderstood

He has a mild spring set for a start (not 900lb/in) coupled with a limited damper range for those springs so even at full hard aren't "spine jarring" they don't increase the stiffness of his ride they slow down the springs reaction making it seem firmer. So weight transfer is slower coupled with anti roll bars gives the firm flat sensation when in reality its been over dampened. No doubt approx 4 clicks backed off full stiff will be best. Or an increase of spring rates

Anyway back to the point we're actually talking about put the same springs (280-300lb) on a corsa coilover they'll be fine. As @Enuo has discovered just recently with correctly rated springs. 900+ lb/in is what causes them to be so vicious... not the damping rate. Fact!
i did a vid to try to explain what i,m saying andy, here,s how soft my cut stock springs are with the bottom shock bolts removed.
and with the bolts refitted i can bounce it a couple of inches (stock corsa shocks)
yet with the corsa coilover shocks fitted the only movement you get is the tyrewall flex ! (based on my experience from fitting 2 members corsa coilies a few years ago)
i tested andy,s (enuo) suspension when he came to measure those chassis rails, and his was rock hard front and back (which is just how he wants it to be)

i did a vid to try to explain what i,m saying andy, here,s how soft my cut stock springs are with the bottom shock bolts removed.
and with the bolts refitted i can bounce it a couple of inches (stock corsa shocks)
yet with the corsa coilover shocks fitted the only movement you get is the tyrewall flex ! (based on my experience from fitting 2 members corsa coilies a few years ago)
i tested andy,s (enuo) suspension when he came to measure those chassis rails, and his was rock hard front and back (which is just how he wants it to be)

Why is it frank you would never fit anything for me?

That's before he got properly rated springs :) which he now has fitted 300/225. Rock hard is not the way to go. Whoever told you that is wrong. Too stiff causes many problems.

What you're seeing in the spring acting alone. The reason you can't push down as fast once the shocks are refitted is because the shocks add to the compression resistance of the spring and give even more rebound resistance to bring the spring to halt asap which is what they're designed to do.
Although from reviews it appears corsa shocks themselves are overdampened for the micra and its springs. Which I assume is what you're saying?
Try and do the same to the springs supplied with the coilovers and you'll see exactly what I mean

Your weight alone isn't sufficient to show how the springs n shocks truly react :)

I have LOADS of movement at the front now, and I have some preload at the back as I have a rear passenger and boot full of tools quite often

Back