coilovers!

does anyone know a website i can get k11 coilies on a finance payment? or can anyone post me to a proper step by step guide to the corsa b coilover setup or the matiz setup? prefare the finance but if it comes to it corsa coilies would be best im looking to set them up with the corsa top mount as i hear the micra one goes very low but i need it to not be so low as my wheels offset will make the tyres rub, but any ways guys if you know anywhere please help me out!

skymera

Brutal Honesty
If you're looking for actual k11 coilies I wouldn't bother, they're silly bucks.

I'd focus on the corsa and polo coilover combination, like I have. £50 for all 4 :D

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
krisism
If you're looking for actual k11 coilies I wouldn't bother, they're silly bucks.

I'd focus on the corsa and polo coilover combination, like I have. £50 for all 4 :D

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
I would like to but theyre is no proper step by step guide of how to fit them with the corsa topmounts i just dont understand!
and ive never heard of 6n coilies going on the rear? :S

also i think its the corsa topmounts that dont go too low? i hear the micra mounts make it VERY low lol

skymera

Brutal Honesty
cool, any mod needed for the bottom hole? thanks

Either drill out the hole to bore it out so the Micra bolts can fit, or source smaller bolts.
interesting... straight fit? what was the highest setting drop?

interesting... straight fit? what was the highest setting drop?

Grind the bottom mount of the Polo coily down to the weld so they're thin enough to slot in the shock support on the car. Total drop is about 120mm, almost low enough.

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
I don't think it really matters which setups people use when the main driver for coilovers seems to be looks rather than outright handling performance & reliability :rolleyes:

OP
OP
krisism
If you are on a budget then go for the Matiz spring/Corsa b shock option. Cost me £50 in total
how low did that get you mate? what size of wheels are you rockin with what profile tire i have 13" alleycats with low profiles on them im lowered 35mm and the arch gap is rediculous, could you upload a photo of yours?

wehey

Ex. Club Member
Before
photo-8.jpg

After
photo-11.jpg

It measures 12inches from the center of the wheel to the wheel arch. Wheels are standard steels with 175 on the rear and 155 on front.
There is a bit of a gap between the tyre and wheel are but the pic doesnt really show it well

OP
OP
krisism
Before
photo-8.jpg

After
photo-11.jpg

It measures 12inches from the center of the wheel to the wheel arch. Wheels are standard steels with 175 on the rear and 155 on front.
There is a bit of a gap between the tyre and wheel are but the pic doesnt really show it well
how much coils did you take of the back bud?

wehey

Ex. Club Member
If I remember correctly i firstly. It off the tightly coiled coil which didn't make much difference so i then cut off 1 whole coil after that.
Best to do a bit at a time tho coz the above is only from memory ;)