Coilovers for cheap?

Hey there, my Micra has a totally worn front shockabsorber and after that has been replaced by me I'm pretty sure I would like some more stiffness on the rear. I've heard Corsa B coilovers are suitable after some work but I'm also told it will lower my Micra. I'm pretty sure I would want a standard height Micra and I usually wear out rear shocks quite soon, how can I get some stiffness for an attractive price? Has this be done before? I can trust any idea to an experienced welder.

It may benefit to buy some quality lowering springs. They are stiffer and only lower the car a small amount but will reduce body roll quite alot. I'd recommend some eibach springs.

Yes. I do have some new ebay springs but I learned that with lowering my Micra, my jack won't fit and more important I do have a tighty tuned coilver set on my other Nissan. By lowering my Micra also I will have no option to choose a car for some routes with a lot of speed bumps.

The springs I have here are low quality I suppose and my question still stands, also because I'm in the thinking and planning phase.

Would a Corsa B coilover lend itself for some welding?

Corsa b coilovers don’t need welding. And are a lot stiffer but will also lower it. Some new springs and shocks will most likely solve it. I’d still go with lowering springs. Some quality stuff like eibach springs and kyb or Monroe shocks.

also if you lowered it with lowering springs and your jack doesn’t fit anymore you need a lower jack:p the most populair lowering springs lower 35mm and even The stock micra Jack still fits with that

I do have a nice jack but with my other Nissan when I attempt to jack it by the engine support beam, the jack itself will fit but the rest of it won't.

krik.png

For my Micra, I learned that it can not be jacked everywhere on the box girder (if that is a word). It said a nice crack and left a small dent that isn't noticable but is a little hard to jack my Micra and put a axle support under it, both tools use the same spot.

I forgot to say that after viewing a youtube howto, how to make sure my camber is proper. Also the cutting in my Micra while this is minor is not something I prefer. I might let go this idea, having one Nissan with coilovers and one without is also something I can make use of with speedbump ridden routes.

I do have a nice jack but with my other Nissan when I attempt to jack it by the engine support beam, the jack itself will fit but the rest of it won't.

krik.png

For my Micra, I learned that it can not be jacked everywhere on the box girder (if that is a word). It said a nice crack and left a small dent that isn't noticable but is a little hard to jack my Micra and put a axle support under it, both tools use the same spot.
Rear tow eye, if the crossmember is good then off that or blocks and on the rear of the wishbones mounts

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app

This is a good tip Chie. That is something I wasn't able to come up with on my own. While I wasn't able yet to go around my current shocks, one is worn, two are bad and one is that stiff it messes up everything even more and after driving my Micra for several thousand of miles I decided I want to keep the speedbump taking abillities. This doesn't mean to me I can't lower it 35mm but being able to take speedbumps in third gear is a good plus to me. I also believe that just rear coilovers will give acceptable results but I have not decided yet what tyre size I will put under my Micra. My current rims are corroded and of my current tyres, only three are broken and shake my car. 14" it is going to be though.

I even notic
No problems, sometimes it's the simple things

Sent from my SM-N975F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

I even noticed nissan boy mentioned blocks to me. I'm still after finding nice shocks. My diabolic problem is that I would like something decent as shock absorbers and what I have now isn't very safe, I tested emergency braking and everyone should do this I believe and car shows signs of spinning.

What it makes it diabolic is that I also would like to have the setup I want but that isn't reachable.

I'm confident my rears are worn but acceptable so I actually only need one shock absorber or two. One front absorber by pushing only goes up and down three times. The other one is this good I probably would deem it acceptable as a used shock.

Is it true that Micra k11's have monotubes and there are no twin tubes?

Last edited:
Good to hear about that in the best way possible, taking it apart! I searched for cheap shock absorbers and looked for a pair that stated twin tube but I only found monotube. Will search again.

Back