Coilover Lowering

I have seen polo and corsa coilover fitted to the k10
Could someone tell me by how much do these coilovers lower the k10 from its original height
as the figures for buying them quote for the polo or micra.
thanks

Not sure how low you can go with them but for prices talk to Andy H701 or look at bright spark racing in the traders section

I have seen polo and corsa coilover fitted to the k10
Could someone tell me by how much do these coilovers lower the k10 from its original height
as the figures for buying them quote for the polo or micra.
thanks

all the way, you can lay frame and they're about £180 on ebay. 5 minutes with a drill and a hacksaw is all it takes to fit

OP
OP
S
I better explain,,unlike most people im not really into lowering im after road holding better handling.
so will these coilover maintain the basic ride height and improve the handling.
cheers

Hi

I guess smacmax may be wanting to reduce the body roll of a K10 .

I would also like to reduce the body roll .

I have inherited my k10 winter runner from my elderly aunt and despite passing my driving test in a k10 I have been spoilt for 25 years driving hot Mini's so these days a K10 rolls around like a dingy in hurricane seas by comparison .

However , even on its Sava skinny budget tyres and worn out shocks it does cling on well .

I have a pair of new kyb rear shocks to replace the ones that lock up solid on frosty mornings and intend to buy a new front pair but is there anything else that can be done to reduce the roll and what makes them so wobbly (side to side) on the rear end , worn bush's ? Reminds me of a old Volvo 240 estate at the rear .

Good tyres would help , any recommended brand in a 13 inch size ? Toyo ?
Would 35 mm lowered springs help and is it me or does nobody make poly bush's for the K10 ?
Not interested in coil overs due to cost .

Thank you .
David

oh you just want to take away the body roll? get some k11 front dampers with them 35mm springs and it should be brilliant. i had k11 dampers with just cut k11 springs and it improved the handling significantly. alot of people have fitted k11 anti roll bars which work pretty well and are alot easyer and cheaper to get than k10 ones. if you can find decent toyo tyres in 13's put a link :D but yoko A539's are really popular for 13's.
They will be wobbly you've got to remeber k10's are a budget eco car from the late 70's, it doesnt have any sideways location on the rear axle either. most polybushing from the k11 will fit over, most of the suspension is interchangable so are the steering racks. if you can get a rear strut bar(probly have to get one made or be very lucky) or get a rod of polybush and cut some bushing for the rear top mount bushing it'll definatly improve things.

10/10 would be trolled again

Thanks for the advice .
I have a set of pi lowering springs and new kyb shock absorbers all round now . All shocks were well and truely knackered bar one front one . The rear ones would freeze up in the frost , the banging and crashing from the rear and the ride was terrible until they thawed out !

Glad i did not go for lower and coil overs . Ride is just about acceptable with this set up .
David

h701micra

Deactivated Account
They're not a 5 minute task unless you're looking for a dangerous outcome

If you're looking for decent road holding ability. You'll be around £500 for something reasonable

Anything below won't be brilliant but bearable.
Don't expect comfort from a coilover. They're not designed for it

They're not a 5 minute task unless you're looking for a dangerous outcome

If you're looking for decent road holding ability. You'll be around £500 for something reasonable

Anything below won't be brilliant but bearable.
Don't expect comfort from a coilover. They're not designed for it

I was just going by what people have said up above dude, deffo want to do it all properly if it's a daily, cheers though

Micra K10 1989 (Lenny) F366 SCR

h701micra

Deactivated Account
I was just going by what people have said up above dude, deffo want to do it all properly if it's a daily, cheers though

Micra K10 1989 (Lenny) F366 SCR
That's the problem with the Internet everyone's an expert.

Plan it properly do it right and you'll get by just fine

The reason no one's has a guide as such is because no one's wants to put their name to it if it goes wrong. Then others like myself keep that information to ourselves as it's a part of our work. If it's freely given like the "just do this" crowd it's probably a bodge
Slapping another hole in a shock with a 2mmx0.8mm strip being the only thing holding it on. Road driving barely strains a car. Track you'll snap stuff

2dd6d04839b39fcdd28b4bb949815260_uploadfromtaptalk.jpg

Everyone wants to be cheap, just spend the coin and get something that is made for K10 and bolts straight in.

Attachments

• 1466761745983.jpg
    1466761745983.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 388
I'm on modified polo coilovers on the rear and they are perfectly safe and make a massive handling difference, got some corsa coilovers to test fit in the front this week will let you know how it goes

How did it go?

Yeah it was a massive improvement to standard and for the cost was definitely worth it, pm me if you want to know more. I am now getting another k10 to track and I'm going to speak to either BC or Tein or someone about making a nice fully adjustable set to fit

hi guys
have had coilovers fitted to my k10 just need to know where to sorce bushes for the rear link bars on rear axel
any ideas where to buy them from would be great and yup the ride is much better than standard