Coil Packs

• Thread starter Deleted member 29304
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29304

Hi All,
I reported earlier that I thought that the fault with my 2002 K11 "engine fault light" was down to the spark plugs misfiring. But it appears that I have had other problems with the igination system as sometimes without warning the engine stops mainly at junctions and I have had lose of power as well. I would think that it maybe the engine has worn its self out but surely not it's only done 42000 and the MOT documents say the mileage is correct as I only bought this car in late July 2017. My big question is could I change the coil packs back to HT leads & 2 coils and if not I need to know if anyone could help me finding new cheap 4x coil packs and do they have to be bosch or any other make?

Peter0003

Engine will be fine , either a coil is breaking Down , have to do a restance check on all of them, randomly stalling,could be maf? , how do you drive the car. They are fairly easy to stall at times does it do short runs or long runs. Spark plugs breaking down another ,
Also if only doing shot trips were it barley gets warm and driven every generally can carbon the plugs up and cat,
Also just saying got 98 1litre with a 142,000miles and its perfect

But sounds like plug PR coils failing from what I've had

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29304

Hi All,
I reported earlier that I thought that the fault with my 2002 K11 "engine fault light" was down to the spark plugs misfiring. But it appears that I have had other problems with the igination system as sometimes without warning the engine stops mainly at junctions and I have had lose of power as well. I would think that it maybe the engine has worn its self out but surely not it's only done 42000 and the MOT documents say the mileage is correct as I only bought this car in late July 2017. My big question is could I change the coil packs back to HT leads & 2 coils and if not I need to know if anyone could help me finding new cheap 4x coil packs and do they have to be bosch or any other make?

Peter0003
Hi everyone this morning I changed the spark plugs with Bosch plugs as what the haynes manual says. And tried to swap around the coils number 2 coil is in number 1 cylinder but that did nothing, as the misfire could be heard. I'll try what "nissan boy " has said that it is the coil failure. My car's mileage is 42,000 also I do both long & short trips as I'm a traffic marshal at sporting events around the country. Yours Peter0003

Hi everyone this morning I changed the spark plugs with Bosch plugs as what the haynes manual says. And tried to swap around the coils number 2 coil is in number 1 cylinder but that did nothing, as the misfire could be heard. I'll try what "nissan boy " has said that it is the coil failure. My car's mileage is 42,000 also I do both long & short trips as I'm a traffic marshal at sporting events around the country. Yours Peter0003
Hi Peter0003,

I suggest to disconnect a different coilpack every time you run the engine and feel the difference. When the engine Will run same as usually you'll find the fail coilpack.

I hope I helped you

Sent from my SM-G925F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Davyboy, davyboy,
Where have you been? For six months? Missed your anecdotes? Pearls of wisdom
Hi plmval, had to go up a size motor buddy for work.
Hello again Peter. I'm a Suzuki WagonR geezer these days mate, needed a slightly bigger vehicle for my work.
I still have a K11 1.3 auto which I use to check parts I rescue from the scrap yards, not much around these days though !!!!
Anyways mate, I have a few coilpacks here which fell into my bag at the scrapyard, free to a good home for the postage only buddy.