Coil bind noise

I hace matiz struts on front with brand new micra top mounts that click or creak when turning. I was thinking maybe the matiz springs have too much preload with the weight of the micra and the plastic strut bearing cant take it, anyone else had this happen?

Im thinking theres too much preload with car weight. Looking for other springs for the matiz strut. Currently researching

Attachments

• 1458049750292.jpg
    1458049750292.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 141
unless the springs are so unrealistically rock hard stiff and strut dampers are literally staying "topping-out" even whilst sitting statically under the cars weight, I highly doubt its the spring preload.

remove & inspect the steering thrust bearing for any damage.

double check the assembly, normally the spring top cup should be spinning against the steering thrust bearing separate to the stationary top mount & damper shaft. lube with lithium grease.

Ill be doing that this weekend hopefully grease will solve it. Need springs anyway as the wheel hits the engine bay when turning heavy on bumps

yea all mechanical stuff needs an occasional overhauling to keep em running smooth no matter how small.
you on full or partial threaded coilovers or fixed lowered suspension? I've removed the plastic side splash plates on mine to stop any rubbing.
combination of selecting correct wheel geometry, tyre size and adjusting all the suspension geometry for that wheel fixes most fouling issues.

Im on matiz stock struts on front and corsa b rear shocks with cut springs soon to be changed when i find something that fits

Back