Clutch

R

Robin Cooper

Hi there, My clutch has been sliping on and off for a while now but bin ok but now it is slippping loads and need changng soon, i was just wondering how much it would be 2 get oine fitted and is it hard to fit clutch ur self?

cheers

I got mine changed for about £120 I think, Although i only had one part changed....now my thrust bearing is nackered!!! When I was looking around I recieved quotes from £120 - about £200 that's in Kent.

I've seen cluth kits go around ebay for from £30-£50, although no guarantee on how long one of these will last. Changing a clutch is easy!!! Getting to it is the pain!!!

Correct me anyone if I'm wrong, but I believe you have to remove the drive shafts from the gearbox, then remove the gearbox (remembering to emtpy the gearbox ist), then change the clutch, either 1 or 3 bits of it, then re-assemble in reverse order. A real challenge if ur new to the mechanics world!!

I can't beleive they didn't change the whole clutch for you.

I got a quote of £80-£100 but I supplied the clutch kit (which cost £40)

Not bothered now, going for the CG13 soon, so Eds gonna be fitting a brand new clutch with that, my clutch squals at low revs in 1st/reverse. It's absoloutly cream crackered!!!
That clutch squeal kept making me laugh on the way back from the Pod in October! hehe :)

not that im stealing the thread or anything.....

My clutch is very high and not great, its not slipping but could do with a change, but im getting my turbo fitted after xmas so what sort of clutch shall i go for???

jas.

Yeh but if it sliping and quite high it probly needs adujusting should get moe out of it

Back