clutch tool?

superls

K10 Tuner
I've never used one, and through 1 thing and another have fitted my clutch getting on a dozen times and never had a problem,

originally when i used to take the gearbox out of the car i used to line it up by sight, but then when i found out that you dont need to take the gearbox out of the car, i got a piece of metal bar i think its 5/8th inch diameter and that fits down the splines and lines it up ok, ive even used my ratchet shaft to do it providing you can get it in.

frank

Club Member
I've never used one, and through 1 thing and another have fitted my clutch getting on a dozen times and never had a problem,

originally when i used to take the gearbox out of the car i used to line it up by sight, but then when i found out that you dont need to take the gearbox out of the car, i got a piece of metal bar i think its 5/8th inch diameter and that fits down the splines and lines it up ok, ive even used my ratchet shaft to do it providing you can get it in.

me too, lining up by eye is fine.
some types of g/box (not k11) have a pilot stub that runs in a flywheel bearing, and those type have to be lined up spot-on :)

OP
OP
Shero

Shero

Ex. Club Member
soundo.... well the matt man says itl be ear on monday morinig so should eventually to put some power down. lol.
Im no looking for a walk through how to, just any tips or things i need to know. im pulling the engine out to do it anyway, wanna sort my wires n get a clean out / re paint the bay.

So anything to look out for?
oh aye, cheers ! :D