Clutch gearbox

So my gear stick and my whole car for that matter vibrates when stationary, or idling. When it’s vibrating it continues at the same rate, then it drops lower when I move the gear stick towards a gear change as if it’s going to cut out. I know my clutch is ****ed and needs changing, but could this be something simplier? It’s just shakes when it’s idling

Pretty new to this so any help would be great!

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Where are you? Ideally someone with some technical knowledge of the K11 needs to look at the car and diagnose the faults. A short video, posted on here, of what is happening might be a starting point..........

pollyp

Club Member
So my gear stick and my whole car for that matter vibrates when stationary, or idling. When it’s vibrating it continues at the same rate, then it drops lower when I move the gear stick towards a gear change as if it’s going to cut out. I know my clutch is ####ed and needs changing, but could this be something simplier? It’s just shakes when it’s idling

Pretty new to this so any help would be great!

Welcome Chanice ;)

assuming it doesn't have uprated or solid engine mounts, a very shaky car when stationary might be sloppy old engine mounts, low idle rpm, unbalanced flywheel/clutch.

a rattling, loose, notchy selecting gear stick expecially in 5th could be from worn & rusted gear linkage bushes.

a non-centering gear stick that clangs/rattles whenever you shake it sideways is just the common snapped return spring underneath.
http://www.micra.com.au/technical-articles/shifter-return-springs.php

tin rattling at certain rpm could be the heat shield that's rusted loose.

idle rpm normally drops from 750 to bout 600rpm whenever going into gear and stationary. if it drops too low & stalls coming to a junction, it could be the idle control / waxstat fast idle system that's seized.

here's a little list of common K11 micra faults
http://www.micra.com.au/technical-articles/nissan-micra-common-faults.php

OP
OP
CK106
I tried posting a video but for some reason it wouldn’t upload. Like I said I’m new to this ??‍♀️ Atleast I’m trying to fix my own car!
Also thanks to the people with genuine helpful replies ??