Clutch changing

im not aware of a guide with pics, but do a search its been covered a few times fairly recently, its a straight forward job, but for a first timer can be quite a difficult job, and different people have different methods, if you follow the haynes that has you splitting ball joints and taking track rod ends out and drive shafts and getting gearbox oil everywhere, but if your crafty enough you don't have to do any of that.

i think but dont hold me to it 'Frank@ has a few pics in his blog but theres about 20 pages to look through

aye, you can drop the g/box to the floor eh scott :grinning: you can see in this pic that the starter, clutch cable and shafts are still connected, and if you jack the flywheel end of the engine up a bit you have full access to the clutch

Attachments

• SDC11523.JPG
    SDC11523.JPG
    275.5 KB · Views: 238
yea theres plenty of room to do the job with the gearbox still connected to the car.

ill be changing my super light flywheel and clutch saturday hopefully, might take pics if i can find my camera :)

handy on a micra, when you no where the bolts are, i did it in the dark with tadhg, took about 1hr maybe a bit more to get the box out including taking the radiator off and draining the fluids, and about 10mins for the clutch and flywheel to come off

Tis for the gt though, should have mentioned that, thats why i didnt put it in k11 area, might just get tadhg to do it with me when im picking it up, dont want to give someone a fortune for it lol

Back