Clutch cable setup

Recently changed the clutch assembly in my 1.4 using an luk clutch kit. Old one out and new one in ok, ensured it was centred correctly and also changed the release bearing. When it came to attaching the cable I set it up as per the manual (actuating lever pushed fully rearwards and adjuster tightened then backed off 3 turns). However I still have quite a lot of travel at the pedal before I feel bite, probably 3 or 4 times what it should be. It's a brand new cable of the correct type and new clutch kit as mentioned. I had a good look around the flywheel area and bell housing when I opened it up and nothing seemed untoward so I'm a little perplexed. Any advice greatly appreciated.

No, I don't think so, as it's a new one. By the time I've pushed the actuation lever fully rearwards there are only a few threads left, then when I back off the knurled adjuster it gives it a few more threads. I know this model should have quite a stiff pedal action compared to my previous 1.0 facelift, however this is quite soft for about 1/2 to 2/3rd's of travel and I can't pin down why.

Back