Cluster Bolt Locations

Ok, I am trying to remove my cluster on my 1994 Micra, I cant for the life of me figure out where the last bolt is (if there is one). I have gotten 3 out but the bezel wont come out.

This is the bezel roof bolts I've gotten out:
DB7E8216-932E-4493-88BF-552313CC5D44.jpeg

This is the left hand side of the steering wheel. No bolts taken out.
0DFE8EE4-1540-4531-89E6-AD20B353F84E.jpeg

This is to the right side of the wheel, the little outcut part is another bolt I took out.
1551012512807.png

Last edited:
1 to the left of the steering wheel and 1 to the right. then you can take the whole cowl off. No need to take out the 2 bezel ones.

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
You should have one hidden behind the steering column cover...

Attachments

• Photo0058.jpg
    Photo0058.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 181

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Thought there might be, any idea on how to take the cover off? Don't think I have steering wheel adjustment.
https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/how-do-i-remove-the-steering-wheel-cowl-on-a-preface-k11.70899

There's 4 screws holding the steering column cover on. 2 at the front, (closest to the steering wheel), one at the bottom right and a one that's hidden underneath the lever arm you pull down for steering column adjustment.

If you can get yourself into the footwell looking up you'll see them all. It then just unclips, the cover/trim piece around the ignition barrel slips out also.

OP
OP
benji_
There's 4 screws holding the steering column cover on. 2 at the front, (closest to the steering wheel), one at the bottom right and a one that's hidden underneath the lever arm you pull down for steering column adjustment.

If you can get yourself into the footwell looking up you'll see them all. It then just unclips, the cover/trim piece around the ignition barrel slips out also.
Thanks, I managed to get a screwdriver in and unscrew the last bolt holding the cluster cowl in, switched over the gauges, new ones didn't work, so put my old one back in and now the speedo doesnt work. :confused:

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Sounds like the speedo drive cable didn't fully clip back in all the way, if the speedo isn't functioning.

OP
OP
benji_
Sounds like the speedo drive cable didn't fully clip back in all the way, if the speedo isn't functioning.
I thought the same thing, went out there about an hour ago and took it out and back in again, clicked, still not working. Gonna send it to the garage tomorrow before I break anything else. I know the guy pretty well and he doesn't charge out the arse for anything so hopefully it wont cost too much.